Day two of our cruise was by far the busiest. I didn't realize exactly how busy it was until I started perusing through pictures. So be prepared for a very picture heavy post.
We started our morning the best possible way {for Maggie anyway} with princesses. We headed down for the princess parade and made it to third in line. Can I get a giant HOORAY! We only had about a 10 minute wait and it was well worth it. Jack and Daddy went ahead and grabbed us a seat for breakfast while us girls lived the dream.
And although I should have been prepared for it, Lucy refused to take a solo picture with any of the princesses. So here I am, fresh out of bed, not at all picture ready, holding baby girl while visiting the princesses. Must be love on my part.
After our very enchanting visit, Maggie said, "I was feeling so shy before I met the princesses and then when I was with them I didn't feel shy anymore". Possibly my best quote of the cruise. Sweet girl.
Jack got a little surprise of his own. He popped out to see if we were ready for breakfast and was greeted with Peter Pan strolling around the ship. I must say, that Peter is quite a character and he was the first to autograph Jack's book.
At this point we still had not even eaten breakfast. We found our family waiting for us at the Enchanted Garden and we were starving! I have to say, I think opting for the buffet breakfast at Cabanas is probably the best way to go. Which we did for the remainder of our trip.
Finally fed, it was time to disembark the ship for our first port...Nassau. Please take it from me....do not do this! Or if you do, don't forget your Key to the World card. Okay, so we did and the lesson was learned. I'm thinking they should rename Nassau 'Nasty-au". Yuck! Probably the most disgusting island in the Caribbean.
But, my kids get to say they've been there and done that and even have a picture to prove it.
And Jack and Daddy even get to say that they toured the entire filthy island on a mo-ped.
The girls and I went shopping with Grandma instead. We made it about two "stores" in, bought Lucy a maraca and then I was saying adios.
I took my sweet girls back to the CLEAN boat and they enjoyed the rest of the morning swimming and eating. If only I would have done that from the start.
After Jack's adventurous island ride he came back and joined us in the pool for swimming and movies {and more importantly to rinse some island filth off of himself}.
While the girls caught some zzz's, I took Jack on a character visit of his own. Since it was pirate night on the ship Mickey and the gang were dressed accordingly. I was rather happy that I was not required to be in the pictures this time. Gotta love an independent 7 year old.
Goofy, or as Lucy likes to call him "Foofy", was by far our favorite. He is a barrel of laughs.
While we waited for the girls to wake, Jack and I hit the ship to solve the Mystery Of The Missing Paintings. The detective game was great fun and interactive. We had a wonderful time running around the ship and narrowing down suspects. In the end Jafar was the culprit. Case closed.
Dressed in our pirate garb {or as dressed as we were going to get}, we took the girls post naps to meet Mickey and Minnie.
That was followed with our usual 5:45 dinner, but this time at the Royal Palace. I found this to be one of my favorite times of the day, when we were all reunited.
Dinner was followed with an on deck pirate show featuring the whole gang. I assume it was cute, I couldn't see a thing. Jon captured this shot for me with the camera dangling over his head.
But these little ones had the best seats in the house....
...and the most expensive flashing pirate night drinks in the house.
After the deck party, we headed to our 8:30 show time at the Walt Disney Theater. The show was "Villians"{ah ha ha}. I was lucky to make it half way through when I knew Lu was way over due for bed time.
Back to the stateroom I went. Another day and another island awaited us. And thankfully this time it was a clean one.





















No comments:
Post a Comment