I only have myself to blame. I knew little Lu wasn't feeling up to par. But, I just couldn't imagine heading to the farm without her. Six days of fussiness and two visits to the pediatrician's office later it was diagnosed as a virus. A stinky virus-the kind you don't get a prescription for. Ugh!
What were we to do? Summer must go on...and so it did...
Lucy spent most of her farm visit in my arms. I must admit, I was beyond disappointed. This was baby girl's first visit to the farm and she could hardly enjoy it.
I spent most of my time focusing my camera on these sweet things...
On occasion Lucy couldn't resist the urge to get down and check things out. But, before long she was snuggled back up in my arms and when I thought my biceps just might give out, she would have a stint in the stroller.
I'm pretty sure she is cock-a-doodle-do-ing here. This was one of her finer moments.
The saving grace, for me anyway, was that we were joined by our dear friends, the Heilmans. With the distraction of friends around, the bigs hardly noticed that Lucy was consuming about 99.6% of my attention.
Oh my, this sweet picture gives me flashbacks of Maggie's 2nd birthday party. Where does the time go? Look at my beautiful girl grow.
So, it's not called the Art Barn for nothing. After a lot of petting, a hayride, a honey bee lesson, and some sweet chick holding, we headed into the barn to paint, what other than a farm animal, of course.
Lu actually gave this a whirl in between intermittent "mommmyyys" and "hooollllddd meeee"s.
But look at these farm Picassos. {By the way...those are pigs}
Jack so creatively covered his in mud. Love it!
We've got quite a few summer list items to knock out. So here's hoping for a virus free day...farm or not.










No comments:
Post a Comment