My kiddos love a holiday and this Father's Day was no exception. I had all intentions of letting Daddy get some extra zzzz's on his special day, but our morning panned out a bit different.
The littles woke and on their own decided to make his "favorite" breakfast. The menu included milk with a little cereal, fork pierced cantaloupe, and left over chocolate cake from my birthday. I got the biggest kick out of watching and listening to Jack and Maggie plan and prepare it. There was no way I was letting Daddy miss out on this delectable breakfast so I gave in and let the littles wake him up.
And being the sport he is, not only did Daddy forgo his sleeping in privilege, but he actually ate their cuisine. Now that's one Fab Father.
The kids could hardly wait to shower Daddy with his Father's Day presents {that they had each wrapped and decorated the day before}. So post breakfast we dug right in. It wasn't long before three little monkeys were clambering all over him in the excitement.
I'm pretty sure Daddy's in a Father's Day choke hold here. {I told you he was fabulous and I'm sure he would be smiling if he could}
After I got those wild monkeys tamed and dressed we headed over to the river for a nature hike. We weren't too sure how this would go considering Maggie isn't much of a hiker and Lucy's stroller isn't necessarily made for off roading. If you don't count the endless poison ivy we were trying to dodge, I would say it went rather well.
Maggie surprised me with her princess like hiking moves. And might I note, not one complaint from that sweet things mouth.
And as you know, Lucy must do as her bigs do, so she ditched the stroller about mid hike in and did absolutely amazing as well.
{Please take the word "hike" with a grain of salt. I just noticed how loosely I used that term throughout this post.}
And being the sport he is, not only did Daddy forgo his sleeping in privilege, but he actually ate their cuisine. Now that's one Fab Father.
The kids could hardly wait to shower Daddy with his Father's Day presents {that they had each wrapped and decorated the day before}. So post breakfast we dug right in. It wasn't long before three little monkeys were clambering all over him in the excitement.
I'm pretty sure Daddy's in a Father's Day choke hold here. {I told you he was fabulous and I'm sure he would be smiling if he could}
After I got those wild monkeys tamed and dressed we headed over to the river for a nature hike. We weren't too sure how this would go considering Maggie isn't much of a hiker and Lucy's stroller isn't necessarily made for off roading. If you don't count the endless poison ivy we were trying to dodge, I would say it went rather well.
Maggie surprised me with her princess like hiking moves. And might I note, not one complaint from that sweet things mouth.
And as you know, Lucy must do as her bigs do, so she ditched the stroller about mid hike in and did absolutely amazing as well.
{Please take the word "hike" with a grain of salt. I just noticed how loosely I used that term throughout this post.}
Happy Father's Day Daddy! You are such a trooper and we adore you for it! xoxo





1 comment:
Oh my goodness, they have grown up so much! Look how big Lucy has grown. My computer crashed and I lost the url to your blog. I found it and I'm now catching up with your sweet family. Hope y'all are doing well!
Post a Comment