I got to share my birthday with one very unusual occurrence on the calendar this year. Not only did it fall on Friday the 13th but it was also a full moon. I can't say I've ever really enjoyed having my birthday on the 13th, but add the Friday part and the full moon and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a wee bit addled. Apparently, I don't have to worry about this for another 35 years, God willing I'm around by then.
But much to my happiness, the day went smoothly well and continued so right into the evening. No werewolves or three headed monsters to be seen.
Just me and my little trio.
We started the day knocking something off their "Summer Lists"....Catch Air. Had I planned more thoughtfully I would have realized this was my actual birthday when I was filling out those summer calendars. Needless to say, it's not my favorite activity they had listed.
But, they loved it and because of that I had a great time too. Afterwards, I took my littles to lunch and for ice cream. {yes, more ice cream, it seems to be our mascot of the summer}. Honestly, we had a lovely morning and afternoon. {and everyone got along beautifully}
Come evening we had a celebratory dinner at a Hibachi joint with Daddy and Grandma, because where else do you go with three little ones on a birthday night?
Come 'pay the bill' time the little ones started getting ants in their pants so I took them for a walk outside. Somehow we ended up in a shoe store. You would have thought they hit a gold mine.
Before I knew it we were leaving the store with three new pairs of shoes, none of which were for me. However, I couldn't help but relish in the girl's cuteness in their new pink Tom's. And Jack got a great pair of running, swimming, and hiking slip on shoes. Or as he refers to them "adventuring shoes".
We headed home to this deliciousness.
I was flooded with birthday gifts and lots of love....and shortly afterwards, over tired kids.
There is no doubt that I felt very loved and special this 13th day of June...full moon Friday or not.
xoxo sweet family!



No comments:
Post a Comment