Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sunny California

My husband swept me away to sunny California this past week.  Before you get too jealous, there was an ulterior motive.  It's called the BCS National Championship.

Lucky for me, it was in sunny California.  We stayed in Hollywood which was quite an experience.  And the game wasn't too bad either.  Excellent if you ask my husband.

The unlucky part was the long flight, adjusting to a serious time change, and of course, being away from my sweet trio.  Yes, I spent many a days missing them terribly {I even got teary eyed more than once}.  However, I don't think they noticed my absence too much. They were being spoiled rotten by their Grandma....like ice cream sandwiches in the living room, late movie nights, and I'm pretty sure by the looks of my house when we returned, there wasn't a rule that was enforced.

We flew into Orange County and took a nice drive up to Los Angeles.  We stopped on the way in Long Beach, soaked up the sunshine and ate some sushi outside.  The weather was incredible much to the demise of the folks back home.



We hopped back in our rental and drove to Hollywood, Ca.  And although, I've been to California before,  I've only seen "hollywood" on tv. I was in for a big surprise.



We stayed at the famous Roosevelt Hotel.  We spent the evening roaming Hollywood Blvd, Sunset Blvd, and took a peak at Beverly Hills.  The biggest surprise for me was how busy Hollywood was.  It looks so clean, quiet, and not very city like when I see those famous people on tv getting their stars on the walk of fame.  In real life, that is hardly the case.  There were moments I thought I was in Times Square.  It's nuts.



In between, meeting up with old college mates to discuss FSU football, I was able to drag Clay around for some site seeing.

We started our morning outside for breakfast.  This is the view I had.  Now if that doesn't say Hollywood...



That's the Hollywood sign back behind us.  And yes, Clay wore seminole attire the majority of the time we were there.  As did every other tourist.  It was a sea of blue and orange for Auburn or garnet and gold for Florida State everywhere you looked.  I unknowingly packed a lot of orange in my suitcase.  Oops....bad wife.



We each picked out our favorite star and cleared the sidewalk for photos.  It was so crazy busy.  This was not an easy feat.  And yes, I love John Travolta {especially back in his Grease days...swoon}.



Clay's star was in an island in the middle of the intersection, believe it or not, that made the pedestrian traffic much more scarce.  Figures....this was his trip after all.



We then took one of those Star Tours through Beverly Hills.  Okay, I'm not one to get over excited about the star gossip, but this was actually really cool.



Recognize this from Pretty Woman?  Where Richard Gere climbs up to rescue Julia Roberts...the sweetest part of the movie.



And since I never made it to the DASH store {passed it several times though} {boo hoo}, I at least got to see Kim Kardashian's new house.  I think I spotted baby North in one of those windows.



George Clooney's bachelor pad...



Angelina and Brad's mansion...



We saw several more, but you can only take so many pictures of mansions.   I found myself in love with Beverly Hills.  And not for the obvious reasons.  It was immaculate, cozy, landscaped beautifully, and filled with families and little parks.  There were actually a lot of normal looking homes, I'm sure they weren't "normal" prices, but it truly was a lovely area.



Our last day {before a twelve hour day of traveling-not well planned} was spent at the Rose Bowl.  There was a lot of tailgating and excited anticipation.  The day started out beautifully sunny and ended mighty frigid.



We rode on a bus, filled with Clay's college buddies, to Pasedena.  Lucky me got to ride home with all of them too.  And I need to give a major shout out to my Aunt Mary here.  Thank you for the garnet scarf.  You won't find too much of this color in my closet.  She saved game day for me.



The game was great fun.  A little more fear than expected...



...but in the end those Seminoles pulled out a victory.  My husband was a happy man as was every other seminole in that gianormous stadium.



We are back home, trying my darndest to get adjusted to the time change, kids being back in school, and our daily routine.

I will say it's good to be home and give those little ones of mine lots of smooches.




No comments: