We spent last night ringing in the New Year. Our ring is quite different then it was say about 10 years ago, but I'd like to think that doesn't make it any less fun.
As a matter of fact, I've come to enjoy our quaint tradition of sparklers and s'mores. This year we added a few driveway fireworks to spice up the night. Crazy, aren't we?
The best for me was welcoming a new year. 2013 was a toughie {certainly, lots of great memories too}. But, I'm most definitely looking forward to good ol' 14. I foresee a nice year on the horizon.
We let the kids stay up until midnight for our family countdown.
Now, you didn't believe that did you? If you know me at all, you didn't. BUT...Jack and Maggie were sure it was midnight when I so coyly glanced at my watch and announced, "three more minutes". It was actually three more minutes until 8:30. All they knew was they ate s'mores past their bedtime, got quite a fireworks show in their own front yard, and they were feeling very tired.
We counted down. Gave a giant Cibula family hug {the only thing missing was the littlest...maybe next year} and wished one another a Happy New Year. And happy is exactly what I think it will be.
Maggie actually gave the sparklers a fair chance this year. Last year she held on for about 4 seconds, dropped it and watched from afar. This year she was begging for more and enjoying every minute.
And not only did she give sparklers a chance, Maggie decided she liked s'mores. Yes, before December 31st, 2013, Maggie did not like s'mores. As odd as it may seem, you did read that last line correctly. See I told you this is going to be a good year.
From there we hit the driveway for Daddy's Fantastic Fireworks show. Jack grabbed this seat, as only he would do. I have more pictures of that boy in this tree than I know what to do with.
But, I have to say, I think Maggie had the best seat in the house. It was a win-win for her all night long.
On to the show...
Happy Happy New Year to all! Let's make it a good one.



No comments:
Post a Comment