Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lulu Got a New Hair Do

Lucy got her first haircut today.  Laugh if you must.  She is only a wee 16 months old.  But, the impending mullet was about to do me in.

I loaded sweet girl up and we headed out to the exact same place both Jack and Maggie got their first haircuts.  The only differences were, unlike Jack she is much younger.  Poor Jack didn't have any hair until he was at least two.  And unlike, Maggie I had no fear of separation anxiety taking place during the trim.

I was mighty happy when the hair dresser didn't look at me as if I had two heads when I said baby Lu needed a new do.  She completely understood.  That was happy confirmation on my end that a mullet was indeed growing and something needed to be done about it.

Lucy would have happily jumped in the first car she saw.  However, there were three boys ahead of us all 16 months apart {bless that mama}.  So this gave Lucy a chance to play with toys and me a chance to take a "before" picture.  And although at first glance you maybe wondering what the problem was, if you take a closer look she happened to have a tiny bit of curl today.  Imagine when those brunette locks are  board straight {as it is most days}.  Add a turtle neck for this frigid winter and you will get the picture.



After a short wait it was Lucy's chance to pick the car of her choice.  It's the little things in life, but this one certainly had me in anticipation.  At Jack's first trim, he chose the red fire truck.  At Maggie's, she chose the yellow taxi.  And wouldn't it be just like Lucy to change things up and choose the white police car.  I will say she debated and went back forth between the taxi and the police car before finally settling on a decision.



And just as I predicted, Lulu hopped right in and was ready to be glammed up.  Not a wince, moan, or squeal.  Just pure excitement to be doing something her bigs get to do.

She looked up, down, to the right, and to the left at all the right times.  A perfect customer.





I couldn't get enough of her blow out.  Is she a hoot or what?



In the end Lucy was sporting the starts to a new bob.  And she got her first lollipop.  It took a tutorial on what it was and exactly how to eat it before she gave it a try.  But once she did it was pure bliss.  Since then "oleepah"s have become Lucy's newest request.  


Just when I thought she couldn't get any more beautiful, she did.   Our first brunette bob around here.  And I am melting at the fact that she looks like a baby all over again...yummy yum yum!




No comments: