Friday, October 4, 2013

All By Ten A.M.


I don't mean to toot my own horn or anything, but I am mighty impressed by my accomplishments this fourth day of October and all by 10 am.  The fact that I am not a morning person and that I was dressed and have pictures to prove it makes it all that more amazing.

My first {and most earliest} stop was Jack's Fun Run at school.  For all you friends and family who endured the phone call, with the less than clear plead, for a pledge...thank you!  He had an incredible time.  He ran the entire 40 minutes and completed a whopping 35 laps {some with more stamina than others}.

Sitting here extra proud of his perseverance for the two weeks leading up to today, but most especially for this morning.








I then made a bee line home to pick up Mags for her Halloween Fun Friday activity at school.  Can I just get a "woo hoo" for teachers who give us Mommies a chance to volunteer in the classroom?  I personally think it's a brave move for a teacher of 3 year olds.

We made these adorable Halloween Glitter Globes.  The kids took a water bottle and filled them with Halloween confetti and glitter.  Then we glued the lid on...



...and the kids shook, shook, shook, them away.  Now why didn't I think of that?  So easy and way cute.




So back to that brave teacher.  This is the face I left.  Pitiful, huh?  A little pout with those impish eyes.  However, all was well when I returned from "waiting in the car" while she finished playing with her friends.



If we are going to start the day busy, might as well end it busy.  The kids and I topped our evening with an October kick off. Daddy headed to the baseball playoffs {poor thing} and the four of us dined on ghost pizza and watched It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown {that I just so happened to grab at Target today}.




Kids sure do make the holidays more fun.  Looking forward to a festive October {after I get a good night's rest}.




1 comment:

Grammy said...

Congratulations to our super runner and super salesman. Our Mag comes through with smiles no matter what's going on.