Surely you can't be tired of Maggie's Halloween get up yet? She's only had it on in the last three posts. And Lucy in the last two.
Seriously ya'll, I promise it's been washed every time. In my defense, I've just got to get my wear out of those holiday outfits...even if it is ANOTHER blazin' hot day. So if my Mother of the Year title wasn't stripped last weekend, it's definitely a goner now.
So what did we do on this 80 something degree day in October when I so forcefully dressed my girls in Fall attire?...why, it was Maggie's Preschool Fall Festival.
It was a girl's trip up to the
I will admit it was nice to solely focus on Magpie and let her make alllll the choices. The majority of those choices were art related. Had big brother been there I'm pretty confident it wouldn't have played out that way. It was a good day for Mags. And she certainly deserves it.
She did hit a few bounce houses and obstacle courses throughout our visit.
And the littlest was always waiting with bated breath for her at the exit.
By the third time of watching little Lu wait in anticipation for her big sister, I could no longer handle it. {I snuck the littlest in through the back} Lucy thought she had hit the jackpot.
From there, we headed off to more art. I'm starting to wonder why I didn't push harder on an "art party" in our recent birthday discussion. Maggie was mesmerized by the colored sand and the fact that it was a necklace upon completion just about made her October.
When I finally thought I might melt in, you guessed it, the sun, I suggested lunch to the girls under the largest and shadiest tree I could find.
Then it was off to more...art.
I think Lucy's sandwich from lunch might have melted in her hand. I'm assuming that's why it's still stuck to her hand at the Hay Treasure Hunt booth.
We topped off our girl's trip to the festival with a pony ride. I could only snap Maggie from behind. There was no way to leave Lucy unattended while mounted in a saddle {another reason I missed those boys and their extra set of hands}.
And speaking of Lulu, I'm still debating whether this is a look of "I love pony rides" or "get me off this live animal". Your take?
I vow to get my girls dressed up in some other form of Fall attire before this pumpkin season is over. Those corduroy pumpkin suits are just itching to get out of the closet.
Happy gloriously sunny and sticky Fall to all.









No comments:
Post a Comment