Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween Debut


Okay folks, we had our first actual Halloween event this weekend.  And that meant the costumes finally made their debut {and I say finally, because you know I've had these things for a month now}.  We attended the annual "Trunk or Treat" at Maggie's preschool.  This is always a must do evening for my kiddos.  Actually anything that involves candy is a must do for them.  

I, on the other hand, like it for a few simple reasons other than the candy.  For starters, we get to dress in our riveting costumes more than once. And, most importantly {to me anyway}, I can get a few pictures before the much anticipated Halloween night.  I don't know about your kids, but the last thing mine want to do is pose on the 31st.

The picture thing worked out so so.  I was a little off {couple wrong settings on the camera, antsy kids, and a really clingy baby}.  But, as they say, the show must go on.  So here it goes...

I present to you my littlest mermaid, Lucy.  Eat this up because this is about all you get.  Littlest has a serious case of the sniffles and was not having any of that Momma putting her down business.





And I now debut the Mermaid Princess herself, my ever loving Maggie {who just had to have green sparkle shoes to complete her attire, of course}.  Love my fashionista.




And what scene is complete without a hero?  Our fair maidens will certainly be protected by none other than the fearless Batman, played by our very own Jack.



I told you he was fearless...



I then tried to get the whole cast together for a debut picture.  And well, you can see how that went.  Did I mention Lucy did not want me to put her down?



We decided it was in our best interest to admit defeat and head out to the Halloween happenings for the evening.



Jack was a pro this year.  No warm up period for him.  He showed his little sisters just how to get it done {and even used his manners without being reminded}.



Maggie, however, did have a warm up period.  But once we got through that she was dazzling....and slow...and particular...and indecisive.  I loathed the sound of, "choose what you want darling".  Seriously just throw something in her bag already, you don't know what you are asking for.



And Lucy?  Well, can we just say, lovely?  Even with Lu's runny nose and tear stained eyes I got to see the 1st Trick or Treating experience all over again and it was absolutely divine.  {sigh}  Baby girl was fascinated by the whole concept.  This picture is her first "trunk".  I hate that she is burry {obviously someone else took the picture for me}, but I will hold on to this memory forever.  Her sweet little excitement is crystal clear in my mind.



And as cute as it would start, it would end even cuter.  Each and every time Lu plopped down right there on the ground to check out her loot and then would show it to me.  As if I haven't seen enough candy if my lifetime, but something about her pudgy little fingers wrapped around it....mmmm....I could eat that baby up, forget the sweets!



So let's just say between the consciences candy choosing and the plopper, it took us a while to make our rounds.  But I do adore my mermaids. {I'm pretty sure Jack had flown off by this point, rightfully so}



We topped our evening off with pizza and all our costumed friends.  And even though I somehow got stuck at the kid's end of the table {there were 8 of them}, I just loved being with my grown up gals,  even if it was from a distance.


The count down is on...5 more days until HALLOWEEN!  We are debuted and prepped for the party!




No comments: