Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Morn


For the first time ever {I think}, October 31st is coming in a two part post.  I started my day party {which also means school} hopping for spooky day celebrations.  It made for a hauntingly long Halloween.  My, how I will enjoy two years down the road when Halloween falls on a Saturday.  

But, until then, this year I lucked out with Jack and Maggie's parties not overlapping.  As a matter of fact, they were perfectly spaced with a 30 minute gap in between for travel time.  That was a huge score for me.

My first stop was Jack's Kindergarten room.  Ms.S had fabulously educational themed centers for the kids.  Their pumpkin passports were in hand and they were busy little ghouls.  Instead of manning a center, I got the honor of being party photographer.  Hmmm...where did Ms.S get that idea?  Guess I've shown up one too many times with a lens shoved in Jack's precious little face.  I think I'm becoming known as "Jack's Mom with the camera" among the K kids.



Jack was all smiles.  Thank goodness. {and I note that for a reason to come}.



I especially loved watching him intently concentrating on his scary story.  It starts with a boy entering a spooky house.  Then he hears a loud noise...I'm on the edge of my seat, how about you?



Next up was Mermaid Maggie's  party.  I was really looking forward to joining her.  And thought she was too.  Apparently not...


And that is about all I can show you from that pout fest celebration.  Don't ask me.  I'm still trying to figure it out myself.  All I can tell you is, I walked in the classroom door and it was all over.  The rest of the party, Maggie sat on the carpet with her head hung low, not participating, and not speaking...only pouting. And when it turned into crying, we packed up and left.

She can't explain it and I surely can't either.  So, I gave her a big hug, told her we would try to have fun next time and sent her little mermaid tail up to her room for a nice nap.

And then it was Halloween night...





1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

so--CUTE! I'm so glad you could do both parties!

I laughed out loud at Maggie's face--oh my!

It reminds me when I was so excited to volunteer for a Halloween party in Miller's Prek classroom & he cried the whole time bc I was sitting at one table helping his friends--He now laughs at it all. I'm still recovering.