Monday, September 30, 2013

Somewhere In the Middle


Our Lucy recently turned a sweet {and spicy} thirteen months old.  This is exactly the time Jack started walking and two months shy of when Maggie took to her feet.  As Lucy is such a mix of these two extremely opposite siblings of hers, it would only seem natural that she will start walking...somewhere right in the middle.

I'll give her one thing though...she is an eager little one.  Due to her demand, {i.e standing on the inside of the friend's entrance door holding her walker all the while squealing}, we spend a lot of our afternoons hitting the pavement.

Back and forth...back and forth...back and forth.  As redundant as it may seem, and it is, I honestly can't get enough of this little go getter on the move.  However, I've found that Lucy's Bigs can get enough of it.  The slow pace is certainly not their style. Lucy and I have discovered that the most opportune moment  is during Jack and Maggie's "screen time".  {which pre-Lucy used to be my "get something done time"}

So come post homework, post naps and pre dinner time, you can most likely find Little Lu and I somewhere in the middle...of the road.

{a very dirty road that is, we've got some intense construction going on our street right now, try to disregard the bulldozer tracks and focus on those sweet cheeks...and thighs...and lips...and big eyes...and...}






Sometimes I'm even lucky enough to get this view.  The one finger walk.  Remember that?  How I love the feel of one of my sweet babies hands clenched around my finger.  Mmmmm... {thoroughly enjoying that I get to experience it for a third and final time}




Once she's done, she's done.  But there is nothing like the culminating activity of pawning all over her shoes.  I've got a shoe lover on my hands...again.


Love you LuLu!  Don't be afraid to slow down the growing up thing.




No comments: