Sunday, September 15, 2013

Soccer Season




Another soccer season has begun.  One of the many signs that Fall is arriving.  I always have to remind myself to take a deep breath when I flip my calendar over to the Fall months.  It's is definitely one of the busiest times of the year for us.  Among soccer, we have Fall Festivals, pumpkin patches, Halloween, Maggie's Birthday, and Thanksgiving to look forward to.  Yes, I am looking and in the midst of planning that far ahead.  What choice does having three wee ones leave me?

Two games into our soccer schedule already.  The first game was fabulous, the second only so so.  We will see how the remainder of the season plays out.  Clay and I always find ourselves reminding Jack, "you don't have to be the best, just try your best".   Jack is our perfectionist and Type A to a T. If he's not confident in something, he takes a step back.  A continuos struggle we have.   Luckily he thrives in all things academic, something we have to thank our lucky stars for.

But we continue on with team sports in the hopes of fostering that team work spirit and getting a little exercise at the same time.  Not to mention, my kiddos are on a two activity limit.  And Jack did choose soccer and tennis this Fall.

So onto the field.




The weather has been beautiful thus far.  With most games on our schedule at 12:30 the girls and I set up on the sidelines and picnic.  In true Maggie fashion, she eats a little and socializes a lot.  I'm loving that she gets a bit of exercise in as well.



Maggie's socializing occasionally makes it right to the coach's corner where Daddy is hanging out.  She doesn't quite get the concept of "stay to the outside of the white lines".  And when this happens, I duck my head and get that, "I don't know who that three year old girly girl is on the field" look on my face. To her it's all grass and it's all there for her enjoyment.



And in true Lucy fashion, she eats a lot and explores a lot.  This girl is busy and so on the go.  Crawling and cruising to anywhere, anything, and anyone she can find.  I'm pretty sure my sweet little girlfriends look forward to Saturday soccer just as much as Jack, if not more.



But, this is what it is all about.  Or at least what we are trying to teach Jack...good sportsmanship and team work.  {The after game snack isn't so bad either.}

Go Stars!






No comments: