If you don't count the getting into drawers, chasing after her bigs, bouncing from one toy to another, get in and out of Momma's arms, and the pulling of every safety plug out of the electrical sockets, there are some actual organized activities that keep my little Lulu busy. In a productive way.
And my oh my, how thankful I am for them. I certainly feel like a taxi driver somedays toting three kiddos from place to place {and I imagine it will only get worse, if what they all say is true}, but it's worth it for a bit of productive busyness on my littlest's end.
And just like her bigs, Lu is on a two activity max. Multiply that by 3 and well, you can do the math. Mommy's Taxi at your service.
Lucy begins her week with Music Class. I have been a Music Class Mommy, with the same teacher, for six consecutive years now. That is not a boast, just a statement of utter shock. And with each child it has been a completely different experience.
As I always say, my Lu is this perfectly blended mix of her bigs when it comes to personality. So on one hand I've got this independent busy baby cruising around class and then on the flip side I have this sweet sack of sugar who cuddles up in my lap {for a half a song, that is}.
Just as Maggie did, Lucy loves music. She dances and bops to the music. But unlike Maggie, and more like Jack, she is the first to race to the instruments to state her claim. No one loves a drum like my Lucy.
Our week follows with Gym Class. There is nothing more suited for my bouncing baby girl. Add that Maggie takes a class at the same gym and it makes for a nice girl's morning {and on into the afternoon} out.
I find at gym that Lucy thinks she possibly runs the class. She is usually one step ahead of the coach pulling out the next piece of equipment, i.e balls, hoops, etc. And if she really enjoys an activity, per se the bouncing monkey spring board thing-a -ma-jig, that is where you will find Lucy loitering. She is very unwilling to accept the concept of an actual obstacle course.
I call this my "balance out sitting in the driver's seat all week" activity. I am slap worn out when that 45minute class concludes. And if I'm lucky, she is too.
So that's what keeps my Lulu busy....and my Taxi service in business.








No comments:
Post a Comment