Friday, December 7, 2012

Sitting With Santa


...and there were no tears! There's always next year though.


But let's rewind.  

Santa is apparently a very busy man.  His appointment book was nearly full by the time I received his email to book a date.  Certainly no weekends available and the evening slots were very late which does not fair well with my sleepy heads.

So the best option I had was a Tuesday at 12:15.  Which was a horrible option, but...we made it work with only a few hiccups.  

As I'm sure you are aware, Jack and Maggie both have school on Tuesdays at 12:15.  But Santa is a reasonable excuse for playing hooky, right?  

So the plan was for both kids to attend school in the a.m.  I would give Lucy her 10:30 feeding at home and then put her in the car.  First stop was to pick up Maggie.  Second stop get Jack.  This way Lu could get a good hour nap in the car while we ran around picking up kids.  And then we would be off to see the jolly ol' man.

Well, the best laid plans...you know the rest.  

Lucy did not sleep a wink in the car.  {I have terrible car sleepers per my fault I'm sure}  

I picked Maggie up to find her dressed in her "change of clothes".  Which is a hot pink shirt and purple and pink polka dot pants.  Add her red bow and her red and white polka shoes and she was sight.  Apparently Maggie had a major milk spill at her doughnut shop date with Daddy before school.

So, being the responsible Daddy that he is, Clay put her extra school clothes on her.  {and then didn't tell me}  Ahhh...well, needless to say I congealed Maggie into putting her reindeer suit back on just long enough to go see Santa.  I figured he likes milk anyway, right?

Next we picked up Jack.  This was the smoothest transaction of all.   Except for the fact that his shirt and the knees of his pants looked like he had been at Kindergarten all day.  In a weird sort of way, I didn't mind a bit.  

That's who he is and that's our family right now.  Milk stains, stretched out tees from the playground and a tired eyed baby.  Christmas with the Cibulas 2012.  

However, I am very happy that I took a few pictures of Lucy all dolled up before we went kid shopping in the car for nearly an hour.  She was bright eyed and beautiful. {and oblivious to what was up ahead}




When we arrived to see Santa, Jack spotted pencils and paper.  His new favorite activity {writing, listing, drawing, etc.}  He immediately headed over to make a list.  And as always, whatever Jack does...Maggie does too.

I loved watching them interact.  Mags sure does miss Jack being around during the day.

Of course, Jack added two things to his list that Santa didn't make this year.  When will Mommy Santa ever learn.  Last I heard, Santa was done with Jack's gifts.



I am happy to announce, that all three kids were happy with Santa.  No tears. {clearly this is only because Lucy had no clue what was going on}



I love this next picture...Jack is monopolizing Santa's time {describing EVERY detail on his list}, Maggie is wondering if Jack will EVER be done, and Lucy is about to pass out {if she hasn't already}.



We took a few "after Santa" photos.  My kids were truly madly in love with one another.  I adored these moments.  And had several laughs.  It's not often that all three of them are together.



I relished in this Tuesday afternoon with my kids...all three of them...out in public.  We survived.  And had a really merry time at that.



And one out take...because who wouldn't get a good laugh out of this?


Christmas 2012...Cibula style.




3 comments:

Drea said...

your kids are so cute in their matching outfits. I love Maggies pants!! that minky fabric is the best isnt it? I cant dress Reed in Minky... cause well... its kinda girly :) - his dad would not have it haha... but I must say he does have a minky blanket and the boppy I use is minky too. mmmm so soft. :)

Tanya said...

That last picture is so cute! Merry Christmas, Cibula family!

The Fokens Family said...

Just now playing catch up! Precious kiddos and what a WONDERFUL visit with no tears!!