So here is what my kid's really look forward to...the annual Christmas Eve Gingerbread House....in their pj's...with bed head...just divine.
{Although I don't know how "annual" it will stay. Clay had the honors of assembling the houses this year and he grumbled mid assembly, and I quote, "we're coming up with a new Christmas Eve tradition, this is ridiculous".} That side bar was not necessary...but then again, it was.
On to the joy of the season.
This is the first year that Jack and Maggie did not share a house. And the first year that Lucy was here to join us. {oh, how I love Lu being with us}
I knew we were pushing the "share a house" age limit. And thank goodness I knew, because Jack was the Gingerbread House dictator. Only specific colors in a specific pattern in a specifically perfect place. It was painful to watch.
My free spirited Maggie just threw it all on there with very little rhyme or reason. I don't even think she knows what "specific" is.
In the end, both houses were equally beautiful, and I was able to revel in the fact that my kiddos are so different. {just as their Mommy and Daddy}
So curious to see which persona Lucy takes on. Sometimes she has me thinking it may be a 50/50 mix {which would be incredibly interesting, don't you think?}
So here they are. All three of them. My trio. How I love having them all together. Especially this time of year.
{and yes, Jack is scarfing down his chimney in this picture...he thoroughly enjoyed it, until he realized what it was...oh, that was a moment...followed by talking innocent Maggie into giving hers up}
This is Maggie's completed house {completed to her standards}. Just as lovely as she is.
And well, I never got a picture of Jack's completed house. He was so incredibly meticulous that it took forevvver to complete. Painful to watch...I'll say it again.
And then it was on to Christmas Eve evening...
My, how quickly those sweet little Cibula kids clean up. We went from all day long pjs to our evening Sunday best {and even combed hair}.
We attended the annual Christmas Eve mass at church, but not before pictures by the Christmas tree. I had a very little window of opportunity for this with Lucy's schedule, so we did the best we could with what we had. They looked so cute, I wish we could have had a full blown session.
Since this is Lucy's first Christmas, I felt like she deserved the most picture taking opportunities. Don't you agree? Hence the reason she gets two solo Christmas Eve pictures on the blog. Not too mention her absolute preciousness. *sigh*
Merry 1st Christmas super baby!
Then it was time for the family Christmas picture on the front porch. First one on our new porch and first one with baby Lu. And...the first time in several years that I didn't have to solicit a neighbor to take the picture. We had family in town {I'm pretty sure the neighborhood loved that}.
And here he is, the photographer himself, Jon. We were so blessed to have him around this holiday and even more blessed that he is a part of our lives. We love and adore you Uncle Jon! Come back soon {if you have the stamina for the chaos}!
Merry Christmas Eve from the Cibula crew!





2 comments:
Can't handle Maggie and Lucy in their matching outfits--the first of many to come!!
Several comments... :)
1) adorable Christmas kids...can't wait to see the big day pics!
2) so glad Jon was with you for Christmas
3) I see you got the boots :) I am only ok with that bc I got a pair as well (not the same luckily!) haha!
Post a Comment