Jack's school hosted a Mother/Son date night. The timing could not have been more perfect. It seems both Jack and I are recently mourning our lost time together now that he is a big Kindergartener. If only I could keep him home...forever.
The invitation said, "BYOH". That's "H" for hammer. We had a few close calls in the next picture. Jack, excitement, and a hammer...enough said.
Note to self...teach Jack to "protect" his date, not show off super powers with a weapon in hand. Thankfully, once we arrived at the school Jack was able to use the hammer for it's intentional purpose.
I can not lie, the anxiety welled up in me when I saw nails, pieces of wood, and a long sheet of instructions. Okay, I always say that Jack and I are so similar...to a fault sometimes. Well, I found something that makes us so different.
While I was still reading the directions {actually trying to figure out which way to turn them} he had already put the pieces together. Not one step ahead of me...more like 7. That's his little engineering mind {which I clearly do not have}. I am surely fascinated by it.
After a lot of pounding and a rainbow assortment of paint, Jack had a helicopter. {with working propellers} He was very proud, as was I.
We took a brief intermission for Jack to show his "date" off to his school friends. Silly boys....some things will never change...I'm sure.
We capped off the evening with the "Amazing Animal Guy". He had some seriously disgusting animals for the boys. The worst...the snake and the cockroach...gag! I hid behind Jack when the snake came by. I am beyond petrified of those nasty animals. Jack ate it up.
But...he did have one {and I mean just one} that I could handle. Meet Atilla...
I still think I had the cutest date there though. Thanks for a wonderful evening out my most favorite boy in the whole world!


No comments:
Post a Comment