Wednesday, July 29, 2009

24 Weeks

The 24th week of Maggie's pregnancy proved to be somewhat eventful. Jack's big boy furniture arrived, I started the preliminaries for the nursery, I had a DR's appt, and we prepared to embark on our first ever beach vacation with other families.

The furniture and big boy room was a smashing success. Almost too successful for my liking. Jack wanted to move into his "big boy woom" immediately. I was planning on giving him a month to warm up to it--he had other plans. And guess who won? Yes, he did. He is moved in and hasn't looked back once. I have lots of pictures to share of the room as soon as the window treatments are complete. It looks like Friday, August 7th is the day. So keep checking back for pics!

This of course led me to wanting to pick paint for Maggie's room. I ordered her bedding last month. It is finally complete and was mailed to me last week. Let's just say, 'it is very pink'. Maybe I feel that way because I have been staring blue in the face for the past 3 years. So, what I thought was going to be a September project has turned into an August project due to Jack's jump of the gun into the big boy room. Believe or not, this paint project has been consuming my every waking thought for a week now. Who knew pink and yellow were so hard? The painters come on Wednesday August 5th for the nursery. However, you will have to wait a while on those pics. I have a lot to do in there.

I went to the DR for my 24 week check up. Everything was great. Maggie was rolling around, I measured right on time (which means nothing, because I did that through my whole pregnancy with J and he turned out huge). Looking back at my charts, I gained the SAME EXACT number of lbs with Jack at 24 weeks. Weird, huh? And I started out at the same weight. I'm wondering if she will be a big baby too or if it's just a big butt this time. Even more exciting, I get to schedule my C-section at the appt after next, which will be in September! Crazy to think I get to pick Maggie's birthday.

And last, but certainly not least, I spent the 24th week of my pregnancy packing suitcases and beach bags for our trip to Seagrove. We went with 2 other families. That was 6 adults, 3 two year olds, 2 infants, and 1 nanny. What a fab time! Lots of wet, sandy pictures on the way!

Can't wait to see what the next 16 weeks hold!


1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

Hey P ...Yes, I did use Loudmouth. He's going to do a few tweeks in the next couple of days. I don't like the orange. We needed a blog makeover:)
Can't wait to see pictures of Seagrove. Isn't that the best family beach ever?
Talk soon!
~E