
So...there is a silver lining to this thunderous cloud called the "Terrible (oops, I meant the TERRIFIC) Two's.
For me, it's all of Jack's new jibber jabber. He talks nonstop and I am loving it. His new coined phrases crack me up and amaze me at least a couple times a day. And they also make me realize what I say way too often!
Here are a few of my favorite. (you knew I would record this--can't take the risk of forgetting...say, 10 years down the road:)
*Where are we? --this occurs anywhere and everywhere that is not home
*What's that?--said repeatedly as he points and touches EVERYTHING! I've learned to turn it around on him when it's something that he already knows the answer too
*I don't want to like it--after I've introduced a new food and pronounce, "try it, you might like it"
*What's that about?--most recently used when he heard the water running through the walls after flushing the potty
*Where is Sophia?--all the time, anywhere, and especially if we have just said good bye to her
*snug, bug, rug!--what he says when he is ready to be tucked in at bedtime, of course it's suppose to be 'snug as a bug in a rug'
*oh, yeaaaa--anytime he agrees with me about an observation I've made & it's very animated
*can't see it--whenever I point something out it in the car and we have already passed, he relays this message to me for the next mile
*Cosbeeee, come back here--anytime Cosby leaves his sight and he is aware
*danyer, danyer--he points anything and everything I have ever warned him about with this phrase
*Grandma Margie--when asked what his baby sister's name was going to be, I guess Margie and Maggie sound a lot alike, however, we don't call Grandma by her first name--hilarious that he put it all together;)
*see all the frwens--when we announce that he has school the next day
*buy a new one--anytime something breaks or is lost--uh oh!!
*Go away bugs!--when he is outside and a bug even lands in his vicinity, usually paired with dramatic swatting
*If say so--obviously suppose to be "If you say so", cracks me up when he says this with a shrug of his shoulders after I've told him something
*I'm okay--any time he falls, trips, stubs his toe, slips, tumbles, anything...he jumps up and announces this with confidence. We swear it would take a broken bone to make him cry over pain--not interested in testing out that theory though
*Soooo silly--his last 'soooo silly' was when he saw a turtle statue painted like the American flag, everything is silly to Jack
*Do it self--the infamous phrase at our house
*Be Careful Jack--yes, he reminds himself of this in any perilous situations he finds himself in

3 comments:
I love it! He is definitely your child. I can visualize you saying all of these sayings. Just wait til his sister is born, he will add even more giggles to your day.
It's a priceless time, I agree. They are like little mirrors of ourselves.
My only warning: be careful with "If you say so . . ." because when you say, "Go to Time Out!" and get that in response, it's not quite as cute :) (spoken from experience!)
love the jackisms...they are so funny and curious at this age....i just love it!
Post a Comment