Wednesday, July 8, 2009

She Has A Name

I must first thank all of you for your wonderful comments and help with our "boy" name dilemma. We actually took a lot of your advice to heart and because of your help we were very close to finalizing the boy name until...

We found out Baby Cibula was actually a girl!

And at that exact moment, all of our name worries were gone in an instance. For as long as I can remember, I always wanted a Margaret. It's a very dear family name. It's my wonderful Grandma's name, who I love and cherish beyond words. And it is also my Mom's name who is as equally important to me. When Clay was on board with the name, way back when--even before Jack's pregnancy, I knew it was a done deal. Well, a done deal, if I ever had a girl. And trust me, I was expecting all boys. So not only am I thrilled to be carrying a sweet baby girl, but also thrilled to use the name Margaret.

Because there are already two Margarets on my side of the family, we're going to call her Maggie. Thankfully it works with Jack..."Jack and Maggie" and it works with Cibula..."Maggie Cibula". Two for two!

The only minor issue we have run across is the middle name. We really wanted to use a name from Clay's side, but haven't been able to make that work. We needed a middle name that worked with Margaret, Maggie, and Cibula. And don't forget my issue with that soft "C" in Cibula...such a pain!

We tossed around Claire...Maggie Claire, but I wasn't crazy about the 2 "C"s in the initials.
We tossed around Jane...Maggie Jane, but our niece on Clay's side is a ___ Jane.
We thought about Kate...Maggie Kate, but we know two little Kate's that we play with often--too confusing.
And then we narrowed it down to our top two...Maggie Grace or Maggie Elizabeth. We've debated now for about a month. We worried Elizabeth was too long, although I didn't care--I LOVE that name. And we worried about the soft "C" in Grace with Cibula, even though she will hopefully marry one day and get an easier last name.

I've asked Clay his opinion everyday for the past month and each time he changes his mind. Finally this weekend, I decided a decision needed to me made. However, I did not want to be the decision maker! So, we went to big brother Jack. "Jack do you want your baby sister to be Maggie Grace or Maggie Elizabeth?" And our sweet two year old answered very emphatically, "aggie gace". I've asked him 3 or 4 times since and he has not wavered on his decision. So there you have it, baby girl Cibula finally has a full name...

Margaret Grace Cibula



7 comments:

The Campbells said...

I love it! you are so blessed! I can't wait to meet her.

Summer R said...

Paula, What a precious name!
Ya'll did good!!!

Erin said...

I love that Jack weighed in...great name!

Heather Dahlby said...

I can totally back you up on always wanting your Margaret -- when I announced that Meg would be Meg, you replied with, "If I have a girl one day, she'll be Margaret." I remember it well!

I LOVE Grace, too . . . I've loved it for both my girls, but never ended up with using it for either. Maybe next time!

The Fokens Family said...

Beautiful!

Andrea said...

I LOVE it! Sucha cute name for a sweet baby girl!

Grammy said...

A truly precious name for my precious granddaughter