...to GG's house we went! And FINALLY, here are some pics of our long weekend!
Thursday:
Jack and I drove up by ourselves--our first road trip on our own. I was a bit nervous about the 6 hour trek, but everything went well and it was thankfully, pretty much uneventful. That is, minus the check engine light coming on. Talked about freaked out, however we made it and all was okay.
As soon as we arrived at the lake, Jack spotted GG's sprinklers whizzing around. From there it was one happy & naked boy outside until dinner time. Toddler entertainment at its finest.


Friday:
We spent most of our pre-nap time outside again. This time in and out of the sprinklers, but mostly down at the lake. Jack loved running down GG's huge grassy yard to the lake shore. There he found his favorite outdoor toy...rocks. Beware to anyone who is near Jack and a rock--his aim is pitiful. With a little coaching, most of his rocks went into the lake. Jack did some swimming, or should I say raft floating, and played with his new boat GG had surprised him with. A two year old's paradise. He and Cosby even braved an uphill hike into the woods until he realized Mommy WAS NOT following him.
After naps (notice the plural--I was exhausted early morning and could not figure out why, the answer is all too clear now), I headed to the airport to pick up Daddy. He flew into the the tiny 2 gate airport near my Grandma's house. Pick up was a breeze--loved it!
From there we headed back to the lake for yummy BBQ, both Clay's and my fave when we visit. However, I was having trouble enjoying it at this point and I was quickly heading downhill. After BBQ, we drove over to a cute nearby village and had dessert. (This may have been the highlight of Jack's trip and the end of my Oxi-Clean bottle.) Following dessert, we did a little sight seeing and made a visit to a petting zoo of sorts for J.



Saturday:
This was suppose to be our boat day. Daddy was finally here and we had a captain. But, between the stormy weather and my dreaded illness, which was in full force at this point, our plans were slightly altered. We spent most of the day indoors. I rested, got sick a lot, slept, tried to get dressed and feel better, went back to bed, etc, etc. Jack, GG, and Daddy played with all of the toys GG had prepared for J's visit, read books, and even took a walk during a rain break. Jack didn't care what we were doing--he was just LOVING being at GG's house.
After naps, the rain had cleared and there was just enough time for a late afternoon boat ride. I sat this one out while GG, Daddy, Jack, Cosby, and Nina hit the lake. Jack was very hesitant at first, but once the boat took off he was a happy skipper. The bumpier the ride the better! And no that is not lake water on J's head, that is what you call a busy boy who sweats A LOT!


Sunday:
This was departure day. We couldn't leave without one more boat ride. This time I decided to hop aboard. I thought (or at least hoped) I was feeling better, clearly I wasn't. Regardless we took the boat to the Marina and had breakfast. Jack was oohed and awwed over by the entire staff and he was eating it up. I'm sure we will return to the "turtle place" on our next visit per Jack's request. On our short walk back to the boat dock, Jack inquired several times, "where is Jack's boat?". I had to laugh, two rides and it's already his!
So even with rain and a severe illness, we had a lovely lake trip. Thank you GG--we love you and hope to be back soon!
4 comments:
OMGosh..I can't get over your censored photo! How'd ya do that?
Looks like J had a fun weekend while you took it easy. I hope you're back to 100% again.
~Erica
Hope your feeling better, sorry that nasty stomach bug got you too and ruined your trip.Love all the pics.
What a fun weekend (for Jack). He looks like such a little boy now. Glad you're better.
Glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment