
Today Jack and I went to the grocery store. You may be wondering why a trip to the grocery store would be worth blogging about. Well, I'll tell you why...for the past 4 days I have had the stomach flu or virus or stomach something. All I know is I haven't been able to look at food, much less eat it. It started on Monday (yes, it was a long illness) with a little abnormal tiredness. That continued on through Tuesday. On Wednesday, I found myself napping EVERY time Jack did and not waking up when he did. On Thursday morning, I woke severely nauseated which turned into a very ugly Thursday evening. That is when I fell apart and Clay had unexpected Daddy duty again! I spent the next three days in bed or in the bathroom. Between changing diapers, changing bibs, and changing Jack's activities, Clay was also trying to nurse me back to health. That is a lot of work for one Daddy. He took Friday off from work and took the weekend off from any leisure activities. He was a sport, as always! I on the other hand, moaned and groaned and thought I may be on the verge of dying. In 4 days, I ate 3 saltines, 4 pretzels, and a bowl of chicken broth...none of which stayed down...yuck! Occasionally, Clay would bring Jack into my dungeon of a bedroom to see me. Jack would smile and reach for me. I'm sure he was wondering why his Mommy was being so lazy. Then the boys would go downstairs and play. From my bedroom, I could hear laughing, giggling, and squeals...it was music to my ears...I wanted to join in so badly. Everyday of this illness seemed like a week. Cosby was a different story, he didn't leave my side. He had to be forced to go outside for bathroom breaks. I think he was trying to enjoy me all to himself while he could. I told Cosby he was the best "dogtor" ever...he is still my very loyal companion even after being pushed to number 2. Well, every gray cloud has a silver lining. And this cloud had two. #1... for the first time in 15 months, I actually saw my pre-Jack weight on the scale. It was very short lived, but I loved every minute of it! And #2...the dreaded chore of grocery shopping was actually fun again. Jack always enjoys it, but it's not on my top 10 favorite things to do. But, today it wasn't so bad. Jack looked around as if to say, "hey, I remember this place" and I looked at food and didn't even get sick. I was actually beginning to crave a few things...I guess it's so long to that number on the scale!
3 comments:
you are too funny taking pics in Publix! I am glad you survived though...
I am so glad to know that you are able to enjoy being Jack's Mommy again. It really is hard to be away from you and unable to help but only to say some prayers
for you to have a quick recovery. You could not have a better loving husband... that is truly the answer to our prayers. It is in times of stress that we realize
our blessings.
I am so glad you are feeling better. I also love the fact that you take pics at Publix.
Post a Comment