
What else could you ask for? Today Jack and I didn't need anything else. We met over at Heather and Meg's house for a little impromptu play date. Erica and Miller showed up shortly afterwards to join the fun. The babies played and the Mommy's chatted and munched on snacks. Erica brought some pumpkin dip and apples...it got us all in the mood for the upcoming
Thanksgiving holiday...yum! Jack wasn't left out this time. He did a taste test and of course moaned for more. Slow down, don't' over do it buddy! Once he was distracted by the giant Elmo he was okay. Jack and I got see some great toy ideas for Christmas. Poor Jack, he is so deprived at our house...he has very few toy choices. I thought I was going to be somewhat of an "anti- too many toys" Mom until I saw how engaged he was with the plethora of options. Okay, so I changed my way of thinking and have decided that Jack NEEDS toys. Yes, he needs them! He was reaching, bending, pushing buttons, and observing every toy. I could see the wheels in his mind turning away. And although he isn't mobile yet, he was doing everything in his power to get what he wanted. Luckily, Meg is a mover, so sh
e hand delivered toys to his lap. He was very grateful for her assistance. Jack let me know that he had enough stimulation for one afternoon when he started rubbing his eyes...nap time. It worked out perfectly because our house is only a couple of miles away from the Dahlby's. We loaded up and headed home and Jack got a well deserved snooze. Thanks ladies and babies, we'll have to do it again soon. Maybe Jack and I can host next time...we better get some toys first though!

No comments:
Post a Comment