
Today Jack is seven months old. Everyone said it would go by so fast and I kind of believed them. Now I really do! I know it sounds so cliche but, they really do grow up fast. And that probably won't be the last time you hear me stating that observation. It amazes me that last year at this time I was just barely 4 months pregnant and 7 months ago today Jack was just coming into the world. It is truly amazing, but it is too f
ast. I have learned to enjoy every minute with Jack...the good and the challenging. Thankfully today has been one of the "good", unlike yesterday which would have fallen into the challenging category. But, that's

okay...that is what keeps motherhood from getting mundane or boring. So far, seven months has started out super. Jack woke with a smile on his face, still hungry, but a smile none the less. Between feedings and naps, Jack has talked to me...a lot! He has told me all about his peaches at breakfast, his colorful toys, his reflection in the mirror, and how much he loves me. (I know he was telling me that because he hugged me right afterwards.) We've sang a lot of songs today too. Jack pipes in just when I need his harmonious voice. Can you tell we miss music class? We also went for a stroll and soaked in the warm sunshine. It doesn't look like it will last long so we are enjoying it while we can. We topped our afternoon off with a cozy nap. Jack even

babbled his "7 month self" right to sleep. I sat outside his door and listened to the most entertaining one sided conversation I had ever heard. Being Jack's mommy is the best. I love him more than I could have ever imagined. There is no way it gets any better than this. How could it possibly? I know people always tell me, "if you love him now, just wait" or "if you think this is your favorite stage, just wait". I don't believe them...yet anyway!
1 comment:
Happy Seven Month Birthday Jack! I missed you at swim today.
Your buddy,
Miller
Post a Comment