Saturday, October 14, 2017

Swinging By Southern Belle

Some things are just a tradition that can't be changed.  Southern Belle Farms is one of those for us.  Every pumpkin season we make the trip over to the farm.  And every year it's that much better.  I don't know how that can even be possible...it's just that great of a place.

The weather was glorious and the company was just as lovely.  The Carpers made the annual trek with us and it was so fun for all of us to have a friend {me included!}. 

This sign was a new addition this year.  How I would have loved to have this picture year after year of my little pumpkins.   Oh well, guess a new tradition has begun.  We will have to see how tall they are next Fall!



Of course, our jaunt around the farm included lots of old faves, like the corn shooter...



The corn maze...{which I am happy to note that we made it out of lickety split}


And actual corn picking...{the things that fascinate these city girls}



A new improved tractor looking seesaw...



The ever popular bounce pillow...


The old pedal cart track with new fancy pedal carts...





The Cow Train {which we never miss out on}...



And the hill tunnel slide, which Maggie has still yet to try!


These boys, being the grown up fellas that they are, cruised around the farm on their own most of the time.  On occasion, they popped over for a check in and I would snag a quick picture while I could.



Some things never change.  Have I ever mentioned we call him "Monkey J" around here?






Our last stop before the anticipated pumpkin patch was the petting farm.  I get the biggest kick out of this area every visit.




I mean seriously?  You can even get a cow to lick you if you are in to that sort of experience. And let me tell you, that thing is GIANT and has the texture of pure sandpaper.




But, make way, it was time to head to the patch!  My kids have a love/hate relationship with this part of the visit.  As you can imagine they love the pumpkin picking and loathe the picture taking.



With a 100% cooperation on their end, it was quick and painless.  And might I add...precious!



{and I think it's safe to assume I did not pick out Maggie's pumpkin patch picture outfit...some things are better left alone these days}






The girls took their mini pumpkins over to the painting table, while Jack saved his for some sort of plan he has for them at home.  I can't wait to see this one.  Always something creative whirling around in his head....especially when it comes to pumpkins.



And from there, we headed out through the new Country Store door with a car full of pumpkins {and I'm sure some other random items}.

Cheers to Southern Belle Farm and Pumpkin Traditions!




No comments: