This post takes a little prefacing, so bear with me...."ear" we go...
First off, all of these pictures are taken with my phone, no filter, straight off the thing, because if I'm being honest, I didn't really think this would go down. So, why bring my real camera?
And second, {back to the "I really didn't think this would go down"}, Maggie and I had a deal. The deal was, she stopped sucking her thumb {a bedtime habit} and I would let her get her ears pierced. Because you know, big girls with earrings don't suck their thumbs even if it is just to go to sleep.
I really thought there was no chance. But, wouldn't you know this little stinker stopped her thumb sucking right then and there! I can't lie, I had my suspicions about her keeping it up. So, I made Maggie keep a chart and mark it for 28 days. Because isn't that how long it takes to break a habit? I think it is anyway. Regardless, it worked.
I checked her thumb every morning and she was doing it. And let me tell you, come the 29th day, she was ready to pierce those ears.
So off we went to the nearest Claire's Boutique and prepared to do this thing. Ear we go! I was sure she would back out when she got in the chair. But, nope my Maggie was determined.
And at that, they did each ear separately! I was for sure, we would be walking out of that place with only one ear pierced. But, nope again, Maggie didn't even flinch.
And we were on to the next ear. {with a smile!} Who is this child?
Maggie picked the sparkliest starter earrings she could find. We have these cuties for 6 weeks before she can change them. And guess what is waiting in her jewelry box...a pack of emoji earrings. So cute! I can't wait to see my darling all dazzled up!






No comments:
Post a Comment