Instead of singing in the rain, we were carving in the rain this Saturday. One of our favorite Halloween parties was canceled due to the ghoul-ish weather, so we ducked for cover with our pumpkins in tow.
Our downstairs patio has served us well on rainy days. And although the kiddos were not initially thrilled about the change in venue, they warmed up nicely to the idea once the carving started. What can I say? They are creatures of habit, just like their mama.
Not too long ago, pumpkin carving at my house made major headway when all the littles decided they could handle cleaning out their pumpkins all by themselves. Since then, I stand by until the actual carving begins. And I'm not even needed by Jack for that part anymore. These little monsters are growing up!
Here we come pumpkin guts, goo, and seeds...
Even Princess Magpie was digging in. Stop the presses, Maggie's hands are dirty!...and she's smiling.
Next on the agenda, the family favorite...drawing and carving. I'm always so intrigued to see what they each decide on.
This year, Lucy chose a cat. I was thrilled when she jumped on my suggestion of making the tail and whiskers out of construction paper and glue. The idea of carving whiskers sounded down right daunting to me.
Maggie has emoji's on the brain like I've never seen. Spoiler alert...everything from her Halloween costume to her birthday party has been emoji-fied. And now it's taken over her pumpkin!
After she finished up her artistry, Daddy did the carving. {and I can't really explain Maggie in the coat straight out of the dress up closet, but I can hardly explain anything she wears these days}
And last, but not least, is good ol' creative Jack. When he gets an idea, you better be prepared that he is going to see it through.
So remember, way back when at the pumpkin patch when he opted to not paint his mini pumpkins? And he begged for three instead of one? Well this is why.
Those little suckers were off to Pumpkin Prison. Apparently there has been a rise on mini pumpkins burglarizing the neighborhood. Leave it to Jack to stop them in their tracks.
Now all these pumpkin creations adorn our front porch. Time for Trick or Treaters! Happy 3 days before Halloween!











No comments:
Post a Comment