Hello Witches and Wizards! Welcome back to post two of Jack's 10th birthday...Hogwarts Style.
Last post, I gave you a pre-party tour before all of our guests arrived. Now it's time to see the celebration in action. And let me tell you, there was a lot of action. These wizards arrived ready for a magical and mystical party.
Lucy, Maggie and Grandma were all in attendance too. I sadly got very few pictures of them. My focus was on managing the mischief. But, I did grab this sweet shot of Lucy writing a birthday Owl Post to her brother. Pure love.
As I mentioned in the last post, all the boys attended Transfiguration Class first. I could hardly will our Sorting Hat to actually talk and assign the boys to their respective houses, so we improvised.
Jack had a grand time spinning his guests silly before they drew their house lanyard out of the bucket.
From there the wizards entered Ollivander's Wand Shop to receive their wands and decorate them. I know art is not necessarily an appealing activity for boy's this age, so we made this visit quick.
After painting, the guests attended Potions 101. The mischief at this class reached an all time high. What started out as innocent mixing and concocting turned into massive bubbling, overflows, and head to toe disasters.
Seeing their excitement and curiosity made all the messes totally worth it. Thank goodness for a sunny day with an outdoor party. I'm pretty suremy grass under this table is beyond dead.
I basically had to dunk these wizards in a cauldron of soapy water to get them cleaned up before our next class. Which was Herb-Ology.
Surprisingly, they were super excited about this class and were just dying to get Venus Fly Traps planted. I can't wait to see if Jack's really grows which will probably completely gross me out.
Our Wizard Magician arrived just in time for Charms class {and a much needed break for me}. I had just about reached my teaching quota by this point. As I mentioned in the previous post, this was a fave among the boys.
The entire show was Harry Potter themed and the guests were super into it. Jack was bit suspect and internally questioned every trick....I could see it all over his face. He's not one who likes to be fooled.
But, he can't deny, some of the magic was quite impressive.
After all this wizarding and class taking, the boys were extremely hungry. We sat down in the Great Hall and dined on Jack's menu of choice.
The best part of eating dinner was the dessert and excitement that followed. Happy Birthday to Jack🎶! My budding wizard is a big fat 10 YEARS OLD!
Make a wish....
After filling up on a meal fit for a wizard, the boys were ready for the last class of the day...Quidditch. This had been an anticipated event all party long. I just knew I would loose all control here, so I saved it for near last.
May I present the wild wizards playing Quidditch? So much fun...and so much energy burned!
We closed the party with a viewing of the second Harry Potter movie just inside the castle doors. These wild wizards unpacked their duffles and cozied up for the show.
It was well past dark when the muggles arrived to pick up their warlocks. If I told you how long I planned this party for, you probably wouldn't believe me. But, let's just say, for Jack's last big birthday party we went out a magical bang!
Happy Birthday Jack! And thank you to everyone who made his day pure MAGIC! He has the best buddies a wizard could ask for.






























No comments:
Post a Comment