Happy February! I could hardly wait for the 1st to get here so I could don my lovely Valentine's decor. Nothing too overboard...just a little reminder that it's the month of LOVE. Hoping it will rub off on the three littles around here.
One of my fave activities of February is getting all those Valentines goodies together so we can share the love. Creativity, crafting and sharing at it's best.
This year the girls opted for something a little KrAzY {and easy} per my persuasion. I just so happened to have totally stocked up on these straws this summer on our way to the beach. Embarrassing confession...I am obsessed with Dollar General. And if you've ever taken a ride to the Gulf Coast there are about a million along the way. My poor hubby cringes every time I beg to stop.
So on one of our many stops this summer, I found these straws clearanced for like 29 cents a package. I could not resist and knew I would use them somehow someway. They've already served purpose for Maggie's Mad Scientist party and now for V Day!
I made tags on Pages {for you Mac users}. If you are anything like me, I'm always looking for an easy program for things such as this. And then tied them up with some red and white bakers twine. Super easy and I think they turned out pretty darn cute.
As for Jack, I had to steer my brain to "not pretty darn cute". It's not always easy to think like a nine year old boy. So I solicited some help from my fave blog, Dixie Delights. These nose pencil sharpeners can be found on Amazon. Who knew such a thing existed?
Add Dollar Store Valentine's pencils and...Hilarious!
Jack even let me make cutsie tags for them...I imagine the nastiness of picking a nose evens it all out.
And you know, I never forget the teachers. They deserve LOVE all year round, but most especially on Valentines.
I am an absolute sucker for the Dollar Spot at Target...so many goodies to be found. I snagged up 4 of these adorable heart totes for a whopping $3 each. They are super cute with sparkle hearts in pink and gold.
What is Valentine's Day without a sweet treat too? So I added a bag of this delish cupcake popcorn and tied it all up with a festive tag.
Our teachers "tote-ally" make our hearts POP, hope this does the same for them.
I mean how can you not just LOVE this month? Off to basket up the littles sweet treats...








No comments:
Post a Comment