Happy Valentine's Day!
We woke the littles up this morning with lots of love. They each came into the hall to find their "We Love" doors. Always a favorite Valentines tradition.
This is Lucy's....
I'm always intrigued to hear which heart touched them the most. Lucy's favorite was "when you sing you very own songs". Which she does often and which I get a giant kick out of.
Here is Maggie's {complete with her knock code}...
Her fave was "how you are learning to be a dancer". Makes me smile to hear that especially after it took weeks of persuasion to get my closet dancer to sign up.
And this is Jack's...
His fave was "how you spin in circles". A running joke around here. It actually drives me crazy. i.e. trying to cook dinner and a nine year old boy spinning around the kitchen.
I totally get all tingly inside each year when I'm preparing these on Valentine's eve. I can't deny, sometimes one kid is harder than the others...thankfully that varies from year to year. But, it's a sweet reminder to me of what a lucky mama I am. We all need that on occasion.
The love didn't stop there. My trio raced downstairs, nearly as excited as Christmas morning, to get their goodies. Amazing how a basket of dollar store and Target finds can elicit so much love and excitement.
Also, two beautiful bouquets were waiting for the girls from their admiring Daddy. And a dozen gorgeous roses for me. Such a sweet surprise for us gals.
I was in charge of the craft. Trying to come up with something festive, engaging and feasible for three and four year olds can have it's challenges. I was pleasantly surprised to see how much they loved this easy peasy craft of friendship bracelets.
They each strung beads on a pipe cleaner to make a bracelet for themselves and someone they love. I had a variety of pink, red, and purple pony beads available. I also added some cute lettered beads from the Dollar Store. So easy and it completely kept their attention. Not bad for the fine motor skills either.
After a Valentine story time, the tots headed to the table for a Valentine feast. The table was decorated absolutely darling. But, nothing was more darling than watching Lucy say her blessing. {loudest one of the group too}
The sweet treats got Lucy's seal of approval.
And just because it's Valentines Day and there is nothing better than loving friendships, I had to share these...
💗Such sweet friends! 💗
And with that, I'll leave it to Lucy to send me off with a LoViNg GoOdByE!
Happy Valentine's Day! Hope yours was filled with lots of love!














No comments:
Post a Comment