Thursday, February 23, 2017

Choo Choo Day Two

Good Morning!  We woke up Monday morning {President's Day} to another beautiful day in Chattanooga.  I imagine you are dying to know if we ever made it to the Children's Museum...read on to find out😉.

Thankfully we were smart enough to split the kids between two hotel rooms for the night.  It ensured a good nights sleep for all.  However, come morning, they were raring to go.  i.e. morning pillow fight/wrestling match.



After that awakening, us Mommies, treated ourselves to Starbucks for breakfast and managed to find something for the kids to eat too.  And this is where we discussed our plans for the day.  Can you tell we were just winging it?



So Rock City won the final vote!  I was super excited because it was just one of those days that you needed to be outside.  It was gorgeous.  We vowed to make another quickie trip up for the amazing Children's Museum in the future...hopefully with the Miccas next time.



But for this day, it was all about us and lots and lots of ROCKS.  They don't call that place Rock City for nothing.




Our party of eight followed the garden trail over bridges...




...up to the view of seven states...





...through the village...




...between Fat Man Squeeze {which you can imagine was a favorite}...




...and all the way back down.  So much fun!




We were all starving by this point, so we hopped on the incline railway {which is so boringly slow & expensive} and grabbed lunch at the bottom of the mountain.





We hit a darling ice cream shop after lunch while we waited for our ride back up Lookout Mountain.





I'm pretty sure the ice cream helped the kiddos to forget the about turtle paced ride down because they were pumped to see their ride arrive.



From there, we decided it was time to get back on the road.  It was a school night after all.

But, not so fast!  Us Mommy's decided to treat ourselves to back roads all the way home and stop at every. single. dollar. general.  Yes, you read that right!   Remember my embarrassing confession a couple posts back...I love a good Dollar General.  You should see the loot I stocked up on for Lucy's birthday party.  {and yes, you read that right too, she and I have already nailed down her theme and I am seeing *stars*, I'm so excited...a little hint for you}


The kiddos were loving the DG stops until about the 4th one.  By then, they were pretty much over it.  So much so, that Jack tattled on me to Daddy as soon as  we got home.  Can't buy that kid off with $2 goodies anymore.

So it's back to the real world this week...alarm clocks and homework...here we come!  Tood-A-Loo Chattanooga!


No comments: