I had absolutely no intention of this vacation taking up three posts. But, when I started perusing pictures, I realized Tuesday was a pretty packed day. With that being said, here's a look at Tuesday, mid -vacation, and I'll be back with the rest. So...hold on to yer' hats.
We woke up to another beautiful Arizona morning on Tuesday. Definitely some aches and pains by this point, I blame the horses and the bed. Even with that, you can't help but be in awe of the scenery. I think my kids were trying to come to terms with Mommy taking a picture of them in front of every gorgeous bit of nature. They will thank me one day....I'm sure of it.
Another terrific note to this Tuesday, my girls sported their first pair of jeggings. Jeans! A huge treat for them and a pretty big step for me {although do jeggings even really count?}.
Per our normal routine we walked from our hacienda to the Ranch Dining room for breakfast. You can pretty much guarantee Lucy was having scrambled eggs every morning, Jack having French toast {which I have to admit was to die for}, and Maggie having cereal. Pair that with a huge fruit bar and an over the top assortment of juices and we were set to start our day.
From there, Lucy was just itching to get to the Buckaroo Club. She and Maggie both had made new besties and couldn't wait to see them. Lucy's morning consisted of a riding lesson and playground fun. This little one can find joy in any activity.
Meanwhile Clay and I enjoyed a trail ride with the big kids and their Buckaroo crew.
I'm thinking this is the day that Jack decided he could take or leave horse back riding. Something about it being too bumpy {among a laundry list of other reasons}. The girls were still in love and couldn't get enough.
By this time the aches and pains had the Spa calling my name. So before I headed over for a much needed massage, I caught a glimpse of Lucy preparing to groom and paint the ponies. Besides riding, this was Lu's favorite activity of the vacation.
They literally had washable paint and decorated the ponies. I heard all kinds of details about Patches getting the royal treatment with a pink and purple mane compliments of Lucy herself. I mean what can be more fun than that?
After my Arizona spa treatment, I grabbed my littles from the club for a bit. Daddy was out taking an advanced riding lesson, because that's just the kind of things he does. And it turns out he is a pretty good cowboy.
While we waited, the kiddos tried their hand at lassoing the mechanical bull. We got a real lesson later in the vacation, but had fun giving it a try ourselves.
We then watched and cheered Lucy on while she took a ride in the arena. She mounted her favorite horse, Golden Eyes, and was off. The cuteness of that little gal on that big ol' horse is indescribable. We loved watching her and were enjoying the break and steadiness of sitting on bleachers instead of horses.
Jack had been in great anticipation to go fishing. So, we were all happy to have our family wrangler back so we could take a trip to the pond.
The kid's baited up with hot dogs {apparently a fish fave around the ranch} and tried their best to fish patiently. Some were better at it than others.
Apparently the casting was a big hit with the girls. I was dodging flying hooks left and right.
And look who finally caught the first and only fish of our pond visit! It was super exciting. The other two kiddos got a lesson in being happy for others. It's not always easy.
We topped our evening with dinner at the Ranch Dining Room, Lucy passing out in my arms once again, and our lovely starry skyed walk back to the hacienda. Bedtime never felt so good.
Who knew being a cowgirl was so exhausting? Take 3...coming up....





















No comments:
Post a Comment