Saturday, January 14, 2017

Super Saturday

We are trying our best to get back in the swing of things after our amazing out-west vacation.  It would be a lot easier if we weren't about to embark on a 4 day weekend.  I'm all about school holidays, but geez, we just started back up.  I have found January to be a complete wash up until this point.

That being said, we spent Saturday doing what we do best....hopping from activity to activity.  We started the day with Jack's basketball game {which, BTW,  I absolutely love watching}.  Maggie grabbed this photo on my iPhone. Who really knows which one is Jack or if he's even the picture, but here you go...



Jack's team is full of his school buddies, Daddy is coach, and the girls have a slew of little siblings to play with. Even if we don't win the game, every Saturday is a score.

Jack had a quick wardrobe change and then was off to Karate Graduation.  After months of work, he has earned his brown belt.  Hi-yay...watch out...advanced brown belt next and then we've got a black belt on our hands.

We are super duper proud him.  Grandma joined us to congratulate our little Kung Fu King on this all important day.



Next up was much needed rest time for Jack and a date with the girls.  Grandma, Maggie, Lucy, and I headed downtown to the Fox to see the broadway production of The Little Mermaid.

We joined family friends and all enjoyed the show side by side.  It was a super sweet production and our first times ever seeing it.



Post show, Lucy informed me that Ursula was her favorite character in the show.  What?!?!  Who says that?  You better believe, I dove into that comment with several follow up questions.  Apparently it had something to do with her purple sparkly costume and her "funny" songs.  Shew, I can handle that...I was a little alarmed there for a moment.

As expected Maggie's favorite was Ariel.  And I was totally digging Sebastian.  Not at all who I had expected to be my fave, but he near stole the show.



Now...now...what to do after that Super Saturday?!?!  I've got a whole three more days off of school to keep these littles busy...yikes!

Wish me luck...


No comments: