Sunday, January 22, 2017

Rain Out

This weekend I was supposed to embark on my very first Girl Scout camping trip with Maggie.  All week the weather report was not looking to be in our favor, but as far I as knew we were still on.

I can't lie, I lolly gagged around Saturday morning taking my precious time loading the car to get out of town.  I had visions of being cooped up in a "cabin" with 20 excited little Daisies for two days.  I was not in hurry.

By mid-morning, I figured it was time to suck it up and head on my merry little way.  Of course, Maggie was just about beside herself with anticipation and I couldn't put off the inevitable anymore.

But...that is when the emails, calls and texts started rolling in.  I was saved by mother nature.  Apparently there was some super rough weather up at the campground and the girls who had already arrived were stuck in a duck and cover position under a Tornado warning.

The Girl Scout camping trip was rained out.  Or more like rain, hail and tornadoe-d out.

Between you and me, I was doing a serious happy dance {camping in the rain sounds nothing but miserable} .  But, my dear Maggie was devastated.  So thats when I came up with a Plan B or as I like to call it Plan Brilliant!

I booked Mags and I a hotel room downtown for the night while she drew up a list of "must-dos".  Now that is my kind of camping.

Her list included...ice cream, a movie, popcorn, a visit to Justice {which is a very big treat}, a pillow fight, and a little snuggling.  Check...check...and check!

So here is our version of a Mommy & Me Camp Out...

Hotel check in...




Chocolate chip mint ice cream...



Backpack hangers, lip gloss, Mixels, a hamburger brush, and a necklace....



Sing! the movie {with popcorn}...




and a pillow fight followed by lots of snuggles...


Mmm...I love my little Daisy and am so thankful we were able to make sweet memories rain or shine.

xoxo magpie!


No comments: