Thursday, July 23, 2015

Summer Party Planning

We are still around.   Just lapping up the last few weeks of summer vacation.  I haven't taken quite as many pictures as I would like to, but that doesn't mean we haven't been busy.

I took the kids to the Nature Center last week.  It was a boiler, but it still remains one of my favorite local visits.  Lucy and I went to the Children's Museum this week while the bigs were at art camp together.  {yes, together!}  I finally found something they could both do.  And although they were initially very dismayed about it, they will be the first to admit they have enjoyed every single bit.

It also gave me a taste of what next school year will be like.  Just me and little Lucy.  I can't deny I am absolutely giddy about it.  She is such a joyful child to be around.  That certainly doesn't take away the fact that I'm going to miss the other two like crazy.  

Other than all that, I've been busy as a bee party planning.  I can't believe how many events are in our near future.  I'm taking summer as an opportunity to get myself as prepared as possible.  Because, Lord knows once school starts things start getting totally CrAzY!

I'm super excited about my new volunteer position at the big's elementary school.  Myself, along with two other fabulous ladies are the Teacher Appreciation Committee.  Ya'll this is so up my alley...party planning, decorating, goodies!  I can't wait.

Our first event is the Teacher's Back To School luncheon.  And though, we could have just let this pass with a nice catered lunch, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to do a little decorating.

As much as the Target Back To School section puts knots in my stomach, it actually came in handy when I whipped up this little center piece.


I also found these adorable clothespin chalkboards at Michaels.  Perfect to jot some Back to School jargon on.  I clipped them to mason jars with some fun school ribbon.  I plan on filling them with sunflowers and placing them down the tables where the teachers will be dining.  I think the yellow will be a nice pop of color.

And what's a party without stripy straws?



However, my biggest project has been Lucy's upcoming 3rd birthday party.  What?!?!  How is baby girl already turning 3? That little one has brought so much joy to this family that I thought it only fitting to go super vibrant and playful for her party this year.

This is a little taste...don't want to give away too much.



Okay, I can hardly stand the excitement.  So here it is...we are going with a Lily inspired Flamingo party.  So fun!  And so Lucy!



And last, but certainly, not least, my Mom and I have been diligently working on Jon and Bailee's rehearsal dinner.  The wedding isn't until October, but there is so much to do!  I can hardly imagine being on the bride's side right now.

With their beach wedding it only seemed natural to go beachy for the rehearsal dinner.  We've conjured up some super sweet table decorations for a special night for the special couple.


And if you can believe this {which if you know me, you will}, I've decided to get going on Maggie's future birthday party.  I figured as much time as I've spent in the craft stores, might as well.  She already knows her theme.  Seeing as how it's going to be hard to pull off in the Fall, I had to grab goods while they were readily available on the shelves.  Now let's just hope she doesn't change her mind.

As you can imagine, my basement looks like a party planning explosion.  If you come over be careful not to trip on the tulle, pom poms and endless sea of flamingos;)

Off to enjoy more summer fun with my littles....



No comments: