Okay, can I just say this was one of the best vacations ever? I am going to officially add July 4th to my list of favorite holidays {if and only if this lake tradition continues}. I must admit, last year was a bit rough, but this year we worked out most of the kinks.
Clay and I wised up and got a cabin for our family. Ahhh...the miracle of kids who sleep. Although the back and forth from GG's house to the cabin for a pair of "I want to have a sleep over with my cousin" pjs, or the "let Lucy take a nap here" diaper, or "can you grab me a dry pair of shorts?" for the hubby got old really fast. Totally worth kids who got a good nights sleep though.
So we hit the road on Thursday, only after one said spicy 2 year old put quarters in the cars DVD player. {never a dull moment} Post a Target stop for portable DVD players, we were finally on the road.
We managed to arrive at my favorite Grandma's lake house after an uneventful drive {that is always worth noting with my crew}. The kids were itching to jump right in the lake. They literally rummaged through suitcases scouting out their swimsuits right in the driveway. And with that they were gone.
And speaking of swimsuits...don't even tell me you don't ADORE Jack's. Seriously?!?!...little weenie dogs all over it! I nearly passed out from sheer joy when I found them. Jack wasn't quite as excited, but he wears them with a smile to appease me.
All three kiddos swam and fished with cousins, aunts and uncles until the sun went down. After that we all loaded up and headed to our cabin for a good night's sleep. Hallelujah!
We spent the entire next day pretty much lakeside. By this point everyone had arrived and it was time to have fun. On that note, if you looked up "the Dumbacher family" in the dictionary, fun is exactly what you would find. I have the best and most amazing family.
Serious good times were abound!
Jack was a trooper with that slew of girl cousins/sisters he has. Come on baby Paul...grow up already!
Since I couldn't get any of my kids to tube with me I snatched up my wild Halle. She is always up for an adventure. Reminds me of fearless Uncle Joel at that age. That's a strong gene.
Come evening, we were still boating. If Aunt Bailee's lap was free you better believe it wasn't for more than a minute. My kids adore her! Good thing because she is officially their Aunt come October.
GG and baby Paul even joined us for our sunset cruise. Believe it or not, it was freezing out there. I was bundled up with some duds I scavenged out of GG's closet. Was totally not prepared for that one.
Thankfully it warmed up for the 4th!
And speaking of the 4th, don't you think America's birthday is worthy of its own post? I certainly do.
Get ready for some red, white and blue celebrating...



















No comments:
Post a Comment