My Maggie can always manage to find the most inconvenient and expensive extra curricular activities. First it was ice skating and now, her newest endeavor....horseback riding lessons.
When she first mentioned this, I honesty thought there was no way. I assumed she would be done at the first sight of that giant animal not to mention climbing up on its back. My Maggie is hardly a risk taker.
So come her first lesson, Maggie proved me wrong. And I mean very wrong. This gal loved it! Everything from the grooming to the riding to calling herself a real cowgirl. And the fact that she could wear her pink boots certainly didn't hurt at all.
So Maggie starts each session with a lesson in horse etiquette and then follows it with grooming her ride. She honestly loves this part every bit as the actual riding. So much so that her trainer has called Maggie "a natural". I never would have guessed.
And then she's off usually for about a 20-30 minute ride. Meanwhile I am searching the grounds for any source of shade. Seriously she went from freezing me out at the ice skating rink to melting me on a farm. I mean what is wrong with something easy like ballet or gymnastics?
But come on, how could I resist this smile? Mmmm...that girl is as sweet as sugar!
Okay, so now that Maggie has officially claimed a passionate love for riding lessons I suppose it's time to invest in a real equestrian helmet. I'll be sure to hang it up right next to the ice skates and leave a spare spot for her next endeavor.
Maybe synchronized swimming? Or better yet flying lessons?






No comments:
Post a Comment