So I think it fair you know, that while I do love Disney, it is most certainly a trip I can handle {with a smile} about once every two to three years. I find the trip both exhilarating and exhausting. I honestly spent a few weeks mentally preparing myself for this one. The lines, the crowds, the melt downs, etc., etc.
Well, we are back and I can without a doubt say, this was our best Disney vacation ever! It was truly amazing. In retrospect I'm thinking I owe that to a May visit {light crowds}, our fabulous hotel, and a highly organized agenda with lots of down time.
We arrived to the Disney Polynesian Resort on Saturday evening. We were just in time for dinner poolside. I absolutely loved this property. The pools were great, the atmosphere was a festive South Seas flavor, the food was delish, and we were on the monorail. By far my favorite Disney resort to date.
The kids wasted not time changing into their swimsuits and hitting the volcano pool as soon as we were checked in.
On Sunday we hit it pretty hard with our first park day. We had a few fast passes at Magic Kingdom and lunch reservations. And might I note I am totally digging the new Disney Experience App. It was super helpful.
I could hardly believe it, but we got in pretty much every ride in Fantasy Land before lunch. I'm telling you this May vacation was incredible.
Out lunch reservations were at Cinderella's Castle. I can't say Jack was too hyped about this, but the girls certainly were.
I was pleasantly surprised to see Jasmine at the castle. That's a first for us.
The highlight of the day and the trip, for me anyway, was Belle's Enchanted Tales. Last time we were in Disney this project was underway. Belle is by far my favorite princess. I can belt out a Beauty and the Beast tune on cue to my children's dismay.
Belle's castle was so quaint and intimate. She retold the story of Beauty and the Beast and even had child volunteers join her. Guess who was the first {and only} to raise their hand in our party? Yes, my little Lu. She played Phillipe, Belle's horse. I could hardly stand the cuteness.
There was no flash allowed in Belle's castle so I did the best with what I had. At the end of the performance, Belle invited all the children up for hugs and gave each of them book marks. It was beyond sweet.
Daddy and Jack finished up the day with rides like Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. All the things the girls had absolutely no interest in doing even if they had been tall enough.
We all met back at the resort pool for swimming and dinner. The girls had a blast at the kiddie splash area.
While Jack opted for the big slides at the volcano pool. I think he counted 47 trips down that thing by the end of our vacation.
There was even a man made beach behind the pools. The girls loved every minute of it!
Jack joined us when the fire pit and marshmallow roasting was set up.
I think we could have gone home after that first day and been perfectly content with an incredible vacation. However, there was still more fun to be had...






















No comments:
Post a Comment