Thursday, April 30, 2015

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

I'm almost ashamed to say we are nearing baseball playoffs and I am just now getting to a baseball post.  In my defense, we've had several rain outs, a 10 day stint with sick kids, and let us not forgot that I have two sidekicks at every single game with me.  Snapping pictures is not always an easy feat.  Who am I kidding, actually watching the game is not an easy feat with my princesses by my side.

But, here we are, near post season, but not quite there yet, and I finally grabbed a few of my little slugger.  Isn't he handsome?



Catcher seems to be one of Jack's favorite positions.  I'm not sure exactly why.  Dressing in all that garb looks rather uncomfortable to me.  But he doesn't seem to mind a bit.  He's even made a few stops now and again.



Jack has most definitely come a long way in the batting department.  I even caught wind of a conversation in the bleachers naming him as a "power hitter".  Can't say that I didn't beam for a moment.




If catching and batting are on his favorite list, the outfield can be found on his list of "not so much".  Someone's got to do it though.  And so he does when his turn comes around.  And 90% of the time he can actually be found paying attention....kudos for that!

Jack was super excited when he got #7 this season considering he was 7 years old and all.  Here's hoping next year he can snag an 8.




And all the while his little sisters can be found somewhere around the field.  If they aren't begging for the concession stand they are usually in the bleachers scarfing down a picnic dinner in the hopes of earning a sweet treat from it.

They are quite the little troopers when it comes to baseball.  Maggie is trying to figure if it's something she "has to do when she gets older".  I assured her not.  She followed that with a giant smile and "I'll do Tap instead".  I'm guessing that might just be our next endeavor.



Until then we are going to keep cheering on the Cardinals and play hard for the playoffs.  Did I just say playoffs?  Geez, this school year and baseball season have flown by.  It's been such a FAB one though!  Almost hate to see it go...




No comments: