Sunday, April 19, 2015

Minecraft Mania

So as I mentioned, I have a serious problem with letting a birthday pass without a party.  But, seeing as how Jack had just returned from the birthday trip of a lifetime it only seemed reasonable to keep it low key.

When I offered this up to him, he was more than obliged.  I allowed him to invite 4 friends over for a Minecraft themed playdate. 4 turned into 5 and the playdate turned into a sleep over.

Six boys, Minecraft mania, pizza, cupcakes, and a very late night later, Clay and I are still standing.  And I have to admit, it wasn't so bad.  It was actually pretty fun.





So I am really not lying when I say I went reeaalllyy low key on this.  In fact, I'm almost embarrassed to show you how much so.  But, for nostalgia's sake, I think it only fair to add a few pictures of the decor {if that's what you want to call it}.






The boys wasted absolutely no time getting acquainted.  It was full throttle from the moment they all arrived {not that I was expecting anything less}.  I was beyond thankful that the rain held off so I could send those wild things outside.  In all honestly, Jack has some really nice friends...it was a great group of boys.





My heart nearly melted when Jack had his little sisters sit next to him during cupcakes and Happy Birthday.  They were absolutely thrilled to be a part of his birthday celebration after hearing all about Legoland for days....and days.





Grandma enjoyed having the opportunity to celebrate with Jack as well.  She hadn't seen him since he turned 8!  She also had another pre-planned agenda...grab the little sisters for a sleep over.  Clay and I were convinced the girls would be thrilled.  And then consequently we could focus on a house full of boys.

Sadly, we were very wrong.  There was no way those little sisters were going to leave this shindig.  I tried, but Maggie insisted, "the boys were funny and she wanted to stay".  And Lucy doesn't go anywhere without her big sister.

So I was left with a house full of 6 boys and 2 girls.  Thanks for trying Grandma.





From then on, just about everything went down from Minecraft to dance parties to Lego building to a movie and then finally...sleep.



And guess who found a cozy spot on the couch with her pink blanket?  And she even spent the WHOLE night there.  Gotta love a birthday brother who goes for that without a wince.



So here I am, yet again, saying Happy 8th Birthday to my favorite boy in the entire universe!  Hope it was your best yet.  Wishing you a wonderful year ahead without a lot more growing and crafting!





No comments: