Friday, May 8, 2015

Disney Day #2

If any day of our vacation was a challenge, day two would probably be it.  I'm not exactly sure what happened.  Lucy was a bit off.  Even after an incredible night of sleep {like 13 hours}.  And I even made sure she got a nap.  Other than that we had an issue or two with the monorail and later on missed Daddy and Jack at our meeting time.

But over all, those little bumps hardly did anything to waiver my opinion of this being the best Disney Vacation ever!

We started the morning on a working monorail and headed to Epcot.  I had all intentions of making this a pool morning for the girls.  But seeing as how we had just spent two evenings at the pool, I thought it best to get them out and about.  In hindsight my original plan was probably for the better.  Oh well.



For some unapparent reason, Epcot was bustling.  The girls and I had Fast Passes for our selected rides, but from what I can gather the boys waited in some long lines after we left.




After a very short morning, the girls and I headed back to the hotel for naps.  Post naps we were back to Epcot for characters and a princess dinner in Norway.  Somehow meeting Daddy and Jack for the Mickey and Pals fell through.  I was so bummed not to have Jack in our photos.  On the other hand, Jack could have hardly cared.  He was having way too much fun riding thriller after thriller.



Lucy was nearly beside herself at the sight of Mickey Mouse.  She raced right up to him with pen and autograph book in hand.






Goofy was a totally different story.  This was the only character on the entire trip that Lucy would have nothing to do with.  She said, "him too big".



Above all, Maggie and Lucy loved Minnie the best.  She twirled around with the girls and got the best giggles from them.




On our way to the Princess Dinner at Akershurs the girls conned us into Snow Princess face painting. By this time our party of five had reunited...and it felt so good.



Of course, if Maggie is doing it, Lucy follows suit.




We made a quick stop to visit with Duffy Bear.  Lucy seriously could not get enough of the characters.



We finally made it to dinner for our reservations with the princesses.  I was elated to see that Belle would be the one greeting us upon our entry.




We enjoyed a dinner of Norwegian cuisine while we were graced with visits from the Princesses.  Jack grinned and beard his way through this one, yet again.



Maggie's favorite was Ariel this go around.  She even got to join the princess parade around the restaurant with her.





Lucy's favorite was hands down Aurora.  She could not quit talking about her.  I'm pretty sure the gown twirl and skirt holding had something to do with it.  Lucy's been practicing her best princess curtsy since then.



Jack couldn't have been happier to get out of there.  Fair enough, I suppose.  We made our way around the countries before heading back to the "ho-town" as Lucy likes to call it.

Jack wanted me to grab a photo of him in each country.  I had a great time doing that with him.  Here are just a few.




Monday turned out to be a very late night.  The monorail was having issues {ugh} and we didn't get out of Epcot until way past bedtime.  Needless to say, the kids passed out as soon as we made it back to the Polynesian.

This was the only evening we didn't spend poolside.  I learned very quickly to return to our evening pool agenda.  It made for much happier {and well rested} children.

And with that, comes day three...




No comments: