We kicked off our summer and headed straight into Memorial Day Weekend. I don't know what says summer and America more than baseball, ice cream, swimming, and biking. Our weekend was filled with all of the above.
We were totally digging the perfect temps and you could hardly find us inside for more than a quick meal or clothing change. And although I wished I had lugged my camera around for the entirety of the weekend, it only made it out for a few special occasions.
The main one being Lucy's first Brave's Baseball game. I'm thinking the hot dog, popcorn, and ice cream made it a huge success for her. We even tottled her over to the Kid's Zone right before she could claim boredom. All in all it was great fun...most especially for the bigs.
Lucy was all about the Tomahawk Chop. She made sure we taught her the move and assisted her as necessary. By game's end she had it down.
The Braves pulled out a win over the Brewers. It was a great game with a tie that led us into extra innings. We most definitely got our money's worth. Even though half of the game was spent in the gift shop and Kid's zone.
Somehow we made it out of there with only a new baseball hat and two Braves bears...trust me they were working us for more.
We headed home with some very tired kids. No worries from us though...school's out! Woo hoo!
Clay and I were loving that Grandma invited the littles over for a sleep over later in the weekend. We decided to take full advantage of it after countless minutes logged at the pool this weekend. We headed downtown, enjoyed dinner and the weather roof top.
We followed it up the next day with bike rentals and a little cruising. We got a kick out of Clay's giant tires...woah! Apparently everyone else did too because we heard comments from everyone we whizzed past.
We managed to get in a full bike ride and a stop for lunch before the rain came in. We were certainly enjoying our time sans kids but I couldn't help but think how my little trio might have enjoyed it as well. I just can't seem to ever shake this "mommy" thing.
And as we close up our All American Memorial Day Weekend I'm only more excited for summer. I could get used to this.










No comments:
Post a Comment