Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cars And Kratts

We had another wild weekend around here.  And by wild, I mean the usual running from event to event all day long.  I don't think there was an hour in the day that didn't have us scheduled to be somewhere.

And speaking of somewhere, I was somewhere between wiped out and dead come bed time.  But to hear Jack say it was one of his "greatest days" made it all that much sweeter.

The day started with ice skating lessons for Maggie.  I'm impressed to say, she is still enjoying it.  And all is still going well.  I have my fingers crossed that she may have found an extracurricular activity suited for her.

Post skating, we raced {no pun intended} over to the Boy Scouts Pinewood Derby.  I have to say, without exaggeration, at least 10 man hours went into the building and designing of this car.  Jack had a plan and with the help of Daddy, it was executed just as intended.  

Lucky 13 {because of Jack's April 13th birthdate} was a series of red, white and blue paint alternating from front to end.  A few all American stickers and a coat of shellac and it was finally ready to race this Saturday.



Lucky 13 came in a close 2nd place in this race.  But, the best part {for me anyway} is that little Lu over there in the background cheering on brother's race car.  Pure sweetness.



In the end, we didn't go home with a trophy, but this boy could have hardly cared.  He was so proud of his car {most especially the design} and he had a blast running around with his fellow Scout friends.




We had a quick lunch break at home, laid two little sisters down for naps, and then Jack and I made a quick get away to the Wild Kratts Live show.

It was a super cute show with the actual Kratt Brothers!  Jack and I were both pleasantly surprised.



Although, we are about a year late on the whole Wild Kratt obsession, Jack thoroughly enjoyed the show.  He made a beeline to his seat when the bells chimed at intermission.  There was no way he was missing a second of it.  Not to mention, one of his besties was right by his side to enjoy the production.


The day was hardly over even after all of this.  All three kiddos had a date with Grandma...sleep over!  According to Jack, the day just kept getting better and better.  I told him we have officially named January 31, 2015...Jack Day.

Next weekend is for sure Maggie's turn and I've got a sweet day planned for her. {and lest you think I've left the littlest out, her turn is 3 out of 5 weekdays when her bigs are at school...trust me, she is plenty loved on}


No comments: