Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Virginia Is For Family

We have just returned from the looongest {and very possibly last} road trip of our lives.  That doesn't say much for the littles, but with me being thirty something years old, I think that's pretty significant.

And it was all in the name of sweet sweet family.  I took advantage of, what I thought, was a four day weekend {that's a whole other story in itself}, to load the family up to visit the newest member of the Dumbacher family.  Baby Paul James {named after my late amazing Grandpa} was born on January 11th.  There was no way I was passing up the opportunity to welcome this little guy into the world.

Not to mention, my kids were beyond ecstatic at the thought of spending time with Uncle Joel, Aunt Catherine,  GG, and cousin Halle.  Most especially the latter.

After an extremely lengthy trip up to somewhere in northeast Virginia we arrived just in time for bed to our Marriott Town Place Suite.  This place was amazing.  Totally not for luxury, but absolutely divine for a family of five.  We had two bedrooms {with black out curtains-I'm sold!}, a living room, a kitchen and they even allowed our furry friend, Cosby, too.  Let's just say, everyone slept until 8:00 am.  I will take that on any vacation...and with a smile.

Needless to say the kids were itching to get over to Halle's house as soon as their eyes opened that first morning.  And that is exactly what we did.


I got a quick nuzzle in with this little guy before his mommy and daddy whisked him off to his doctor's appointment.  My kids hardly even noticed his absence.  They were having way too much fun playing with the cousin that can actually walk and talk.





After a belated Christmas gift exchange with GG, we rounded the kiddos up for a trip to a local bounce house place and lunch.  They were having the time of their lives, it was hard to break up the party.


We returned to find baby Paul back home {sigh}, I snuggled on him, while Uncle Joel organized some sort of art project for the kiddos.  Maybe it's the Marine in him, but I tell you what, they were all focused.  Even my busy bee two year old.



The bigs enjoyed an afternoon at the Marine Corp Museum with the family, while I took Lu home for a much needed nap.  She was way behind after that road trip.  Have I ever mentioned my kids don't sleep in the car?  Yes, you read right, a 10 hour drive...and not one measly minute of shut eye...round trip at that....unheard of, I tell you.

We topped off our evening out to dinner with the fam and then back to our spacious apartment hotel.  Which was also the sight of this darling love seat sandwich.  And quite possibly the cutest brother and sister...ever.


The next day was going to be a biggie...off to A Day In D.C. {Washington that is}.  Excitement can not even begin to describe the anticipation...


No comments: