Just like that I had to let another one go this morning.
Letting go of Maggie is the teeniest bit easier. And not because of my lack of total obsession with her. No, we all know this one stole my heart the day she arrived into this world.
It's only easier because it's Pre-School. Which means three half days for my three year old starting in the 3's room. {wow,that's a lot of 3's} Which happily also means two full week days of my ever adorable Magpie and a lot of afternoons.
Maggie has been anxiously awaiting her first day of school. The part that has most excited her...the school bag. I'm not exactly sure why, except for the possibility that it's an accessory, and if you know my Mags, you know she loves her accessories. I was waiting for her to ask me to bedazzle it up... because that would be so Maggie. Instead she focused on picking out her first day outfit. I find her choice to be absolutely adorable. And I find her wearing it to be even more adorable.
As, I was taking her annual "Back to School" pictures that precious little one in the background showed up. Instantly I was reminded that if it weren't for little Lu, this Momma would be awfully lonely on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
Once we arrived at school all went exceptionally well. Maggie walked right into her classroom without so much as a wince. She hung her bag, gave me a lovely kiss, delivered her teacher's gifts, and sat down to paint. {I must note the dog in the purse did not go to school with her. It was a car accessory. I told you she likes accessories. Yes, everyone gets to take a ride, I just never know who the special guest will be. But, trust me, there is always a guest.}
Three "missing Maggie" hours later, Lucy and I returned to pick her up. Lu could hardly contain her excitement.
Maggie must have had a wonderful day. I know that because when I picked her up she said with a scowl and gruffy voice, "that school {insert finger point to her classroom} made me so tired".
My my, how I love this little gal and all her drama.
Three cheers for the 3's room and a new school year!






1 comment:
Oozing with precious-ness!
Post a Comment