I sent my first and oldest one off today. Jack started his Kindergarten 2013 year. To say he was excited would be an understatement.
However, I did get him to tame his wild horses to get one legitimate "first day" picture.
That 6:30 am alarm went off way to early this morning. When I went to get Jack he was still snoozing, rightfully so. But when I woke him with "it's the first day of K" he popped right up, got dressed, and was ready to get this party started. It took us both a bit of trial and error to remember exactly how school mornings run. But together we were able to work through the kinks as the flow started coming back to us. Saying goodbye to summer is harder than I thought.
Nothing like saying goodbye to that sweet little face though. After some convincing, Jack let me walk him into school. I'm pretty sure he was expecting the carpool line, but I just couldn't do it. Not today anyway. And whether he admits it or not, I know he liked it. He even held my hand. I made a mental note to never forget the way his little fingers felt in the palm of my hand at that exact moment.
Jack walked right into his new room. Confidence in check {that was the best part}, put his things away as directed by Ms. S, delivered goodies to his teachers, and grabbed his seat. I gave him a bittersweet farewell with lots of love and headed out his Kindergarten door.
Then I got to my car and fanned the tears away. I decided that may be a challenge I live with for the rest of his school years {along with the girls}.
2:30 could not come soon enough. I anxiously waited for him at the bus stop hoping for a full report. Who am I kidding? This is Jack we are talking about. Details are scarce. But, I did get that Ms. S is the "nicest Kindergarten teacher" and "G told him his garage code" and "he sat with J at lunch". Sounds like a pretty good day.
Luckily I got the full report from Ms. S in her first day email.
Letting go again tomorrow. Maggie's first day is up next.




1 comment:
Happy first day J!! Looks like a great start:) We made tge same "flipping pretzels" --by far my fave teacher gift to give!
Post a Comment