It's incredibly hard to believe that August is already here. With August comes Back to School {sniff sniff}, Grandma's birthday, and the littlest First Birthday celebration. In true Cibula fashion we are squeezing absolutely all we can in until the school rush starts.
We woke up on August 1st and I announced to the kiddos at breakfast that the count down was on. 12 more days until school. Jack got a boyish grin on his face. I asked him how he felt about it and he so sweetly said, "Mommy, I'm really going to miss you, but I'm excited to go to school". My first born sure knows how to melt my heart and break it at the same time.
I'm sure I will find these next few days very bittersweet. The bigs started the month off arguing {a first for the summer}, we've completed two "summer lists" and then some, and I have an errand list a mile long that needs to be tended to. Maybe it is time. However, I'm going to miss breakfast with a full table, it's going to be very quiet around here come nap time, and Lucy and I sure are going to miss the pitter patter from extra little feet.
But like I mentioned, we are managing a few last blasts before it all comes to an end, or as I'm trying to train myself to think, it all starts.
We spent a few last days trying to swim. I say trying for a reason. The cold water {due to all the rain} has been miserable. And the fact that I chase a crawling baby around trying to deflect her from any edges has added its own challenges .
But , when I wasn't chasing Lucy, Jack and I lovingly engaged in a water gun fight. I'm pretty sure I won. He might try to tell you differently.
We celebrated our dear friend, Lucas's 3rd birthday fire truck style. My favorite part was watching Lucy get sprayed by the fire hose. {she asked for it, trust me} My only regret is that I didn't get a picture of the sweet birthday boy, who was all smiles. I think it had something to do with that mobile baby poolside again.
And Jack completed his culminating summer activity...camping with Daddy. I just didn't see how the girls and I could hack that, so we took a trip to the Princess store {aka the Disney store}. It was Maggie's first time in a mall and possibly my last with kids. It was a very quick reminder of why I've never gone to the mall with kiddos in tow. {yes, you read right...never} The looking for an elevator part was enough to wear me out.
But, Maggie loved it. She picked out Rapunzel dress up shoes and an Ariel water bottle and totally forgot about how she really wanted to "sleep in the forest with Jack and Daddy".
Since I, of course, did not attend the camping trip, Daddy so graciously kept me up to date with camera pictures. Which are a necessity to share despite their quality.
I knew Jack must be having fun when I got these pictures on day two with bed head and the same outfit on. As you can imagine, one dirty and very tired boy arrived home. I was sure glad to see him though.
Those are our last blasts for now. Summer 2013 has been amazing! Next up, I'm sure we will be meeting teachers and seeing new classrooms. So...until it all starts....




No comments:
Post a Comment