Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Nothing


Maybe you are wondering what we have been up to.  Or maybe you're not.  But, it has been a good week since I've last posted on the blog.  And the reason for that is because there really has been "nothing" going on.  Glorious Nothing.

For the first time in over a year, I can say nothing.  With a giant smile.  No construction, no pregnancy, no sleepless newborn nights, no transition into Kindergarten, no traveling, no heart wrenching loss of family members, no sprained ankle {that was me, nice huh?}, no wondering if I will survive another month, week, day of this.  Just nothing.

Now, don't get me wrong,  it's all relative.  Our "nothing" is still a lot of somethings.  But it's our normal busy life.  The one I have grown to appreciate after the past year {most especially the past 5 months}.

We've spent the last two weeks at home.  No suitcases, no baseball {mainly due to rain}, no homework, no running around like crazy just trying to play catch up. We even took a little break from karate {but only because Jack has joined the neighborhood swim team}.  But, even with that, it's been so peaceful. Again, it's all relative.

Our days have been spent playing in the driveway, taking walks with various wheeled apparatus, having friends over, lots of board games {Jack's new favorite being Sorry}, reading books, playing tag in the backyard, taking umbrellas in Mommy's shower, eating popsicles, and even playing in the sink.








 This has been no lesson in life for me.  I realized a long time ago that the "nothings" are so much more than that.  It's the mundane experiences that make life with my children so fulfilling.  I have just enjoyed having them back more than I ever have over these past weeks.

And I know I'm not the only one.  Jack proclaimed, over a home cooked meal {which was sadly becoming rare for about 3 months there}, "this has been one of the best weeks of my life".  That was after a week of "nothing".  Pretty amazing if you ask me.

The next few weeks we will be taking it up a notch again.  It's time to close out our season...school, sports, etc.  But happily we will be welcoming summer and all the "nothing" it has to offer.

I love our "it's all relative" nothing.





1 comment:

Tanya said...

I love weeks where we have no obligations. I'm wishing you lots of weeks just like this in the coming Summer months.