Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Weekend


We spent this Memorial Day Weekend welcoming summer.

What was supposed to be a very laid back transition into our summer turned out to be extremely busy...and wet.  We accepted a lot of last minute invitations to various places with a "sure, I think we can handle that" kind of answer. I think I can safely speak for all of us that we are glad we did.  Everyone had a wonderful time.

In turn, I've had the pleasure the last day or so trying to re-rest my kiddos.  All in the name of fun.

We made a quick trip to my aunt and uncle's lake house. I  foresee a lot of visits up there this summer.  It's only about a 50 minute drive north and the kids adore it....boats, kayaks, floats, family, and of course, the lake.

The water was way too cold for Lu and I so we spent most of the time on the dock watching the bigs.  They had a little warm up period {literally} and then were good to go for the most part.






Following our lake day, Grandma had this great idea to go to the Botanical Gardens.  Sadly, this was my first time there.  I can't believe I've never been and neither had the kids until my Mom took them back at Christmas.  This was right up Jack's "new alley".  His most recent obsessions...nature, animals, exploring.  The "exploring" posed a bit of a problem for me, the stroller, and Lucy.  But we persevered.



Next up was a low key cook out at the Zimmerman's.  So thankful for this invite from a mommy of a 5 month old.  Brave if I do say so myself.  I'm still not even in hosting mode.

The little ones loved swimming in the heated up pool.  {more like it}.  Lucy even took a dip.  I'm starting to see a trend this summer...Lucy and a toy fish in her mouth.



For some reason, these goggles crack me up.



Between three families, we had 9 kids there.  Nuts, huh? After dinner the 6 and under crowd organized a game of Duck Duck Goose which quickly turned into an all out run around the yard.



Naturally, Lucy was in pure awwww...


So now I'm off to the very important task of "organizing" our summer.  I have two lists in hand...Jack's Summer List and Maggie's Summer List, two calendars printed...June and July, and a pencil with a big fat eraser.  This should be fun.  There is nothing I enjoy more than a little organizational challenge.




2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

LOVE the new blog look!! What a busy weekend for a BUSY mom of three:)

Tanya said...

I would be at that lake house every weekend. It looks like so much fun. The kid's are precious. I love the girl's festive swimsuits!