Just as I promised, things have picked up around here this week. We are closing out school years and activities and getting ready for a much anticipated summer.
First up, my darling Magpie.
We said goodbye to an ahhhhhmazing year in her two year old preschool class. I couldn't have asked for more in the way of teachers during this year of many transitions. My dearest Maggie was at the receiving end of most of those. She lost her big brother {allll day} to big kid school and then often felt like she was losing her Mommy to a new baby sister. Add in the other unexpecteds this year and it's easy to see this little one went through a lot.
But, with lots and lots of Mommy love and a fabulous school year she persevered. And in true Maggie fashion, she is shining as bright as she ever has.
For this end of the school year party we went for the usual beachy summer theme. Can't get too crazily creative with a bunch of three year olds. I was one of the party Moms. I must of thought I was really going to have it all together by Christmas, because I signed up for EVERYTHING from December on at that initial Open House night. What was I thinking?
I will surely never regret it though. Love being there with my sweet girl. And I'm pretty sure she loves me being there.
We started off with some summer fare complete with paperware to match the theme. {please note how Maggie requests that her string cheese be pulled apart to resemble an octopus...always, not just at beach related shindigs}
We then headed outside {with 12 toddlers} for the "craft" and games. The kids decorated their beach pails with ocean stickers. And inside the pails were cutsie lais, sunglasses, and bubbles. And although Maggie chose to forgo her lai, she would not part with this purple tutu. It was not part of her original ensemble. But as we were leaving for school, she declared she needed it "in case my best fwend wears hers".
Maggie spent 90% of her time doing the sidewalk chalk. I was just waiting for her to hit the parking lot with it in hand. {you know how we love chalking up our street at home}
And this is Maggie's "best fwend", Elise....who indeed did wear a tutu to school.
As we say goodbye to another year, we also say goodbye to this amazing lady, Ms. Becky, and her equally amazing aid, Ms. Cheryl. Kudos and giant XOXOs to her for making Maggie feel like a Princess every Tuesday and Thursday.
Please excuse Maggie's grimace. She had a slight tumble on the sidewalk which warranted nothing but a brush off. Oh, but my little drama queen felt it deserved so much more. So sweet Ms. Becky scooped Maggie up, took her inside and gave her lots of love along with a pink and purple bandaid. I insisted she was fine, but Ms. Becky said, "I only have 10 more minutes with her, please let me dote on her one last time". Told you she was fabulous. Lucky little Maggie.
Next we have Jack's Wrap Up. And then it's time for glorious summer. This family is waiting with bated breath...



No comments:
Post a Comment